Blood & plunder 10mm ships and sea dogs.

Started by Paper, 12 March 2019, 10:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paper

I'm building a play set for blood & plunder

If you don't know it's a 28mm historical game of pirates featuring land and sea battles.

I will be chronicling my build here.

I'm using pendraken LOA for my French and Spanish sea men and and a wide range of natives for my North American Indians.

There happen to be quite a few great model ships in scales near enough 10mm

I'm starting with the model kit "the Flying Dutchman" a recast of a historical ship kit in glowing plastic (I will be painting it so it looks normal)

Here are some 10mm figures riding in one of the small boats included in the kit.

Stay turned for more!

Leman

Is this pirate game set during the AWI? The inference seems to suggest it is.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Paper

The first two books are labeled 17th century. They mostly focus on the Caribbean. The designers do plan to get into AWI eventually

It's a skirmish scale war game about 25 models a side and a boat or ship or fortification of some sort.

SV52

Quote from: Paper on 12 March 2019, 10:52:47 AM
I'm building a play set for blood & plunder

If you don't know it's a 28mm historical game of pirates featuring land and sea battles.

I will be chronicling my build here.

I'm using pendraken LOA for my French and Spanish sea men and and a wide range of natives for my North American Indians.

There happen to be quite a few great model ships in scales near enough 10mm

I'm starting with the model kit "the Flying Dutchman" a recast of a historical ship kit in glowing plastic (I will be painting it so it looks normal)

Here are some 10mm figures riding in one of the small boats included in the kit.

Stay turned for more!

That is one impressive kit - you gotta post that one on completion.  Bit much for me, I've got the 1/450 'Black Swan' in the stash.
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!