The naked painter

Started by Leman, 12 March 2019, 10:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Over the last few months some of my joints have been giving me a bit of gip. My first approach was to no longer sit when I paint. I find I can actually paint better when I am standing up - no more crouching over figures, then standing up after an hour with back ache. However my knee and hip were still troublesome, My sister put men to an ointment called Flexiseq. It is great, but has one drawback. You have to let it dry for at least 10 minutes before getting dressed. Not wanting to waste this precious minutes (at least an hour and ten minutes over a week) I decided to paint whilst the stuff dries (I apply it in my study with the curtains closed, I hasten to add). Invariably I end up painting from 20 to 30 minutes, so the painting is starting to rattle along. Has anybody else found unusual times to fit in a painting session?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

Once or twice I've taken stuff to the office when I had no teaching to do but the idiotic local regs required a set number of hours on the premises.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Westmarcher

Many, many years ago, when I had imbibed a few over an evening and Mrs Westie had gone to bed, I have been known to bring out the paints and miniatures (not the drinking ones) to finish off a convivial evening.

I wouldn't recommend it. The results the next morning are horrendous ........... 
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Orcs

I often take stuff into work when on nights , but only bases or undercoat as the light is awful.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

SV52

Quote from: Leman on 12 March 2019, 10:35:23 AM
Over the last few months some of my joints have been giving me a bit of gip. My first approach was to no longer sit when I paint. I find I can actually paint better when I am standing up - no more crouching over figures, then standing up after an hour with back ache. However my knee and hip were still troublesome, My sister put men to an ointment called Flexiseq. It is great, but has one drawback. You have to let it dry for at least 10 minutes before getting dressed. Not wanting to waste this precious minutes (at least an hour and ten minutes over a week) I decided to paint whilst the stuff dries (I apply it in my study with the curtains closed, I hasten to add). Invariably I end up painting from 20 to 30 minutes, so the painting is starting to rattle along. Has anybody else found unusual times to fit in a painting session?

Flexiseq eh?  New one on me, def give it a try on me buggered up knees.  From green-lipped mussels, nothing fishy about that  :D
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leman

I have those every day as well. I sometimes wonder whether I would feel really awful if I stopped taking all this stuff.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

SV52

Quote from: Leman on 12 March 2019, 08:41:10 PM
I have those every day as well. I sometimes wonder whether I would feel really awful if I stopped taking all this stuff.

Recognise that one too.  I take so many pills in a day I'm surprised I don't rattle when I walk!
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

John Cook

I don't know - it will be naked wargaming next.  The mental picture of that is really quite disturbing.

Techno

Quite disturbing ?  :o :o

Mind you, Kitty probably already does this.  X_X X_X X_X X_X X_X
And we do NOT want any photo's, Alexander !!

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

You should. There have been some agreeably distracting opponents on the other side of the table....

Techno

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I guessed as much.  ;)

Cheers - Phil

Last Hussar

Quote from: Orcs on 12 March 2019, 11:48:33 AM
I often take stuff into work when on nights , but only bases or undercoat as the light is awful.

Its doing it naked that upsets colleagues.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

FierceKitty

Those who don't know the relevant story should look up Renoir's remark about how he painted.