Grudge match

Started by FierceKitty, 10 March 2019, 05:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

The beginning. In the foreground you may note the dragoons being ridden down by the Jiltsi after their ambush from the spinney; they depleted the Dvorani, which may have been decisive in reducing their later performance, but failed to kill the Tsar. An hussar unit is trying to exploit their effect, and has just rolled three ones in a row (the required kill roll was 2-6). The lagging pancerni Cossacks didn't understand their orders....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

On t'other flank, the royal troop has more success against some feudal horse, the Lisowski Cossacks duff up the Deti Boyarski lights, and despite some withering fire from the Zaporoshki, Hertelski's hussars are about to engage the remaining boyars and tie them down until their flank could be turned.

Most of the boyars are Kallistra, by the way.

FierceKitty

11 March 2019, 09:10:05 AM #17 Last Edit: 11 March 2019, 09:11:51 AM by FierceKitty
The delayed pancerni on my left being held up by Don Cossacks while my unlucky hussars are taken in their left flank by the Jiltsi guards, and in the right by the Egor Lyhotin regiment of Streltsi. Reversal of fortune; the Muscovite attacks kept failing to get enough to break the Poles. Further on, the Kaminski foot shoot the Russian Rindi guards (white coats and busbies) to bits.

FierceKitty

Another view of the same.

FierceKitty

Death of the Cossack musketeers. The flank attack was a failure; you can't see it here, but the rajtar are about to be shot to bits by rear fire from another streltsi unit (Ivan Poltev regiment). The pancerni had a run of excellent combat rolls, however, and the Cossack shot had no armour....

FierceKitty

One last Russian success; their gun is about to send that little company of Polish pikemen running for it. But that was it; the accumulating Muscovite casualties broke their morale at this stage.

Techno

Good stuff !  :)

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

That' looks a good game
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

jambo1

Looks like it was a great game, cracking looking figures, very nice. :)

FierceKitty

AND it's restored my husbandly authority (don't tell Lee I claimed that).

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: FierceKitty on 12 March 2019, 05:29:55 AM
AND it's restored my husbandly authority (don't tell Lee I claimed that).

Lee ... Lee
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

17 March 2019, 03:17:02 AM #27 Last Edit: 17 March 2019, 03:20:12 AM by FierceKitty
Lee's about to have a go at reasserting her supremacy in a rematch. The poor dear....

FierceKitty

Mmmm, I like Poles... :)

fsn

I've long suspected that.  :D
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!