16th c Irish

Started by d_Guy, 28 February 2019, 10:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

Having taken the decision to not stray away from 10mm to do Desmond's and Tyrone's Rebellions, I have commissioned Techno to do twelve figures. They are not quite finished but here is a first look:

The Pikemen above will be cast openhanded

These will ultimately end up in Pendraken's range along with Dave's Elizabeathans (presumably).

More details on the above photos are here:
https://inredcoatragsattired.com/2019/02/28/irish-10mm-figure-commission/
Sleep with clean hands ...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Nicely done sir!  8) Good work Techno.  :D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

Oooh!! Tasty!!

Well done Phil. And well done d_Guy.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Nick the Lemming

Very nice work there, you can be proud of those ones Techno.

FierceKitty

Hmmmm...conversion potential for Burgunds....they do look ra-ther spiffing...
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

Well done both!

I can see a number of uses for these!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

Nice work from Phil there!

Quote from: d_Guy on 28 February 2019, 10:03:57 PM
These will ultimately end up in Pendraken's range along with Dave's Elizabeathans (presumably).

The Elizabethans are staying with Dave as he's wanting to raise some funds to get more figures made, so nothing to do with Pendraken for the foreseeable.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Quote from: Leon on 01 March 2019, 12:08:10 AM
Nice work from Phil there!

The Elizabethans are staying with Dave as he's wanting to raise some funds to get more figures made, so nothing to do with Pendraken for the foreseeable.

Thanks for that clarification on Dave's Elizabeathans.
Sleep with clean hands ...

jambo1

Just saw your blog report on these little beauties, really nice figures. :)

Steve J

Those are bl**dy lovely!

sunjester

Those are excellent! Great job Techno. :-bd

Shedman

mmcv

Lot of character in those wee guys! Excellent work.

Techno

Thank you 'lots' chaps ! :-[

Bill sent me wonderful reference material, which has helped enormously.
I should have them all completely finished today. (Famous last words.  X_X)..There's very little to do, now....So, unless something goes wrong.... :-SS :-SS :-SS

Then it's on to some animals for Minibits (Nothing 'new', just making some bigger versions for larger "30mm" figures, and some more of Xerxes 'mob'. ;)

I've really enjoyed doing these...and Dave's Elizabethans.....I must just particularly like 'the look' of the 'garb' from this era for some reason.

The only thing that's 'vexed' me has been trying to get the wee chaps really in focus, when I take the photo's. (They look spot on in the view finder !)
I've even been using the tripod and the remote shutter release on the camera...and they still don't look sharp to me. :'(
I'll try sending Bill individual pics of the finished article and see if THOSE looks any better.

Cheers - Phil