Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

SV52

"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Ben Waterhouse

Arma Pacis Fulcra

Terry37

Very nicely done indeed!!! Love the period for the simple fact that the uniforms were a true mishmash, and you have captured it perfectly! Hoping to see more as your army grows.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

d_Guy

Bravo! Like Terry37, enjoy the mishmash of clothing and uniforms. Nicely done. I enjoy the idea of "caracture" as well. Your unit looks like something out of a Gillray cartoon and I mean that as a great complement.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Shedman

I just picked up the Revolutionary French & Austrian army packs and thought I would search the forum for pictures to give me inspiration

The search thew up this thread.

Amazing paint job - well done

Where did you get the flags from?

Alan

John Cook

18 November 2019, 09:45:34 AM #21 Last Edit: 18 November 2019, 09:47:38 AM by John Cook

John Cook

18 November 2019, 09:48:07 AM #22 Last Edit: 18 November 2019, 09:54:25 AM by John Cook
Excellent paint job.  I agree with Mollinary about the flags though.  They are Army of Italy are they not?  French Revolutionary war period flags were quite large too.  These look a bit too small alongside these chunky little figures.  The Army of Italy flags were among the smallest at 156cm square but at 1:150 ('10mm') scale they should be approximately 11mm square on an approximately 20mm staff.

John Cook

DHautpol

01 January 2020, 01:01:11 PM #24 Last Edit: 01 January 2020, 01:03:16 PM by DHautpol
I've found this thread a bit late, but can I add "Very nicely done" to the other posts.

I've painted a couple of units of these and, like "Streetgang", I like the character these figures have.

I like relatively large flags; mine are 14mm square so I carved away the original flagpole, bored out a hole and replaced the pole with brass rod.  I made my own flags in PAINT and printed them out on a laser-jet printer.

A trawl of the internet will throw up suitable examples to provide the revolution's Fasces motif and the labels for "Republique/Francaise" and "Discipline Et Soumission/Aux Loix Militaires" or, if you're feeling clever, you can create them in WORD and copy them into PAINT.  Identify which regiments you need from the OOBs and all the designs can be found in Ludovic Letrun's "French Infantry Flags: From 1786 to the End of the First Empire".
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2018 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Jesus

2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!