French Revolutionary War Demi Brigade

Started by streetgang, 23 February 2019, 04:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

streetgang

Put some pictures up of  10mm French Revolutionary Wars figures fro. The pictures were taken with my iphone so not the best quality. I know there are some mixed feeling about this range but I really like the figures alot, I'm a fan of some caricature in my sculpts.

Demi Brigade:

Les Bleus:

Les Blancs:

More pictures and info here:
http://lecoqfou.blogspot.com/2019/02/10mm-french-revolutionary-wars.html
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Winner!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

jimduncanuk

My Ego forbids a signature.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

"En Avant! Vive La Republique!"

Great stuff, love the paint job.

Like the sculpts too, lots of character.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

jambo1

Nice work, so many lovely uniforms in the Revolutionary war, and often overlooked for Napoleonic armies. Lovely work on those characterful little troops. :)

Shedman

Westmarcher

Not a fan of the sculpts, to be honest (which is strange because I like the almost cartoonish look of Foundry 28mm SYW Prussians and 28mm Elite Miniatures Napoleonics). Nevertheless, the painting of them is marvellous. What a grand job!   =D>
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

pierre the shy

Very nice indeed.....captures the somewhat irregular nature of the "sans colottes" uniforms really well.

I like your idea to use a SYW based set of rules rather than a Napoleonic based set since all the opposition was still fighting in the older linear style.

Not sure if anyone makes 10mm Mamelukes but the 1798 expedition to Egypt would give you some colourful opposition, if no Mamelukes there's always the British to fight  ;)

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

mollinary

The paint job is quite simply, superb!  My only criticism, and I trust you will take it as a constructivw one, is regarding rhe flag. As the biggest single object on the base, it attracts the attention .At present, without folds, or drooping down, it look stiff, lifeless, and somewhat odd. Why not experiment with folding a dummy flag, maybe just white paper, perhaps in triangles, drooping away from the pole. When you find a look that appeals to you, then try and reproduce it on a unit.
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

streetgang

Thanks for all the kind words gents. Mollinary, much appreciate the cronstructive criticism! I went back and added some bends and waves to the flags. Due to the size of the flagpoles and where their positioned I had to make the flags 8mm high so there isn't alot of area to make crazy flopping but they all now have some "movement" to them. Not sure why the photos came out so big.
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2023 Painting Competition - Winner!

Ithoriel

Quote from: streetgang on 24 February 2019, 02:12:11 AM
Not sure why the photos came out so big.

You can edit the size of an image by adding width= or height= to the first img tag. I've used img width=700 for the ones below.

Once again "c'est magnifique!"

Quote from: streetgang on 23 February 2019, 04:53:12 PM
Put some pictures up of  10mm French Revolutionary Wars figures fro. The pictures were taken with my iphone so not the best quality. I know there are some mixed feeling about this range but I really like the figures alot, I'm a fan of some caricature in my sculpts.

Demi Brigade:

Les Bleus:

Les Blancs:

More pictures and info here:
http://lecoqfou.blogspot.com/2019/02/10mm-french-revolutionary-wars.html
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

"C'est magnifique!"

And I sure even better with even a small bit of movement in the flags
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!