Tuesday was a major Buddhist holiday.

Started by FierceKitty, 21 February 2019, 12:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Getting a day off from work, we duly went off to 1630s Scotland. The first picture shows the sides drawn up and shouting mutually-unintelligible defiance at each other. In the second, Leslie has a nasty shock when Byron's horse turn up on round two, bang in the Scottish rear. We turned and charged, but were clearly shaken up by the unexpected Sassanach attack, and were pushed back in short order (losing the advantage of our lances, chiz chiz yah boo sucks).
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

And let's make things worse: the Gordons (not exactly samurai-class troops) went into an uncontrolled and unsupported attack, and were annihilated in minutes.

On my left, the combined pike-and-shot and highland laddies were doing a fair bit of execution, but not sweeping things before them fast enough to compensate for the cavalry situation. We did break one English regiment.

FierceKitty

And so, having thumped the Gordons, the second unit of English cavalry descended on the lancers. Morale, not helped by the fact that my dragoons had lost a shooting contest, broke at this stage.

I had three times the artillery that the dam' southerners had, and hardly scratched them with it.

Wasn't planning to post an AAR, but the little lady has threatened to get violent if I don't.

Techno

Great stuff, Alexander !  :)

Cheers - Phil

d_Guy

Sleep with clean hands ...

jambo1

Sounds like it was a fun game, good looking one too! :)

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Nice one Alexander, good to see something different too.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

FierceKitty

IACTA ALEA EST!  (home-baked). Copy on request.

FierceKitty

Sorry, I'm gibbering. Ten More Sons! Details otherwise as above.