Darstardly Balkan Brigands with Sellswords

Started by sunjester, 18 February 2019, 09:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

Another outing for my VSF variant of Sellswords and Spellslingers at the club. This time, for a change from the Dark Continent, the gallant chaps (and chapess) in service of her Imperial Majesty were off to the chaos of the Balkans, on the fringes of the Ottoman Empire.

Henry and Colin played the Player Characters and I acted as umpire and ran the villains. This is not strictly necessary in Sellswords as the foes are controlled by the events cards, but as I had written the adventure scenarios (one was based on The Healer scenario in the book and the other was my own creation) I thought it fairer if I didn't play. And as I know the rules best, it helps move the action along as well.

More on the blog https://tringwargames.blogspot.com/2019/02/darstardly-balkan-brigands-with.html

Steve J

Looks like a couple of really cool games there old chap :).

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

pierre the shy

Excellent read Sunjester - thanks for taking the time to write up and post your games here.

Seems like Sellswords is a pretty flexible system if you can move from its original setting to Middle Earth and on to C19 "steampunk" type settings.

:-bd

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

mmcv

Jolly good show, what!

Looks like a fun game with lots of scenario options.

Techno

sunjester

Thank you for the kinds word chaps!

I'm really enjoying tinkering about with Sellswords, it's a very flexible system to play around with.

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!