Battle of McDowell 1962

Started by Norm, 17 February 2019, 03:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

On the table, 12mm ACW with 4" hexes using my Two Flags - One Nation rules.

The blog has notes on the scenario design and an AAR. While looking at the battle, I found a rather nice spreadsheet that showed unit strengths and the types of weapon they were using, links are in the Resource Section on the blog post.

Link
http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.com/2019/02/battle-of-mcdowell-8th-may-1862.html

d_Guy

I really enjoyed the report, Norm. Last summer we drove the old Parkersburg-Stanton turnpike (now US 250) from Beverly to Staunton and stopped briefly at McDowell. The scenery along the entire route likely hasn't changed much in 150 years. My wife kept asking if we were there yet!
Sleep with clean hands ...

Steve J

Great scenario, lovely looking table and one hell of a close game, so what more could you want :)?

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Glorfindel

A really nice looking battlefield with some lovely figures.
Very atmospheric, despite the small board.

(Didn't realise the ACW lasted quite that long though  :D)

Phil

Westmarcher

1962?  :P

Anyhoo, liked that myself, Norm, particularly the neat little tabletop battlefield. Thanks also for the link to Jon's Replay. That is also a cracking report.  :-bd
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Techno

The spoilsport's already changed it.  ;)

Great report, Norm.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Norm

Thanks all. Hmmmm, 1962, my time-keeping is seldom good, but even for me, a 100 years is going some!  :)

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

The South r'members, y'all. Evidently.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.