Old Smokie

Started by Fenton, 14 February 2019, 04:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenton

I may have missed some important news on this since his sad post so apologies if I'm mentioning this again but has anyone heard anything from him at all?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Orcs

Just checked and he has not been on since 1st October - a little worrying.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

From his last few posts, it looked like there was very sad news to come, at any time. :(

Cheers - Phil

Leon

I've dropped Andy an email just to check in, hopefully he's doing OK.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Leon on 15 February 2019, 12:56:18 PM

I've dropped Andy an email just to check in, hopefully he's doing OK.

Hope so.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Womble67

Let's keep our fingers crossed that he's doing ok

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Just to update, I've had a reply from a friend of Andy's and it's not great news unfortunately:

Hi,

Just giving you an update on Andy, he's not in great shape, he is has difficulty walking and has lost most of his memory and eyesight, medical staff are coming in several times a day, it's now about making him as comfortable as possible. He is still his cheerful self despite his condition and is still fighting it, how he does it I don't know, even though you have to repeat things to him as he cannot remember whats been said.

Andy has said to thank every one for there concern and messages. My name is Harry and I am a friend of Andy's we have been friends for a long time, we served together in the armed services. He speaks very highly of you and the Pendraken team and the forum members. I will try to keep you all updated on things. I'm not a wargamer so I don't know anything about the hobby.

Thank you again for your email.

Harry
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jimduncanuk

My Ego forbids a signature.

Fenton

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Blimey. Brings it all home...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Orcs

That's very sad news, Makes most of our worries pale into insignificance
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson