Sculpting list for the new Achaemenid Persians!

Started by Leon, 11 February 2019, 10:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sultanbev

"Had a chap round from the local council's Highway Dept, yesterday afternoon, about some 'No Parking' signs we'd put on our grass verge."

So you had to take the signs down?,But he'd let you put one up saying 'No chariots on the grass'.....

Fenton

You could your own chariot out scythed version of course and telling the council you use it to cut the grass
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Techno

Quote from: sultanbev on 13 February 2019, 10:15:29 AM
"Had a chap round from the local council's Highway Dept, yesterday afternoon, about some 'No Parking' signs we'd put on our grass verge."

So you had to take the signs down?,But he'd let you put one up saying 'No chariots on the grass'.....

It was more a case of rewording them to make it clear that folk weren't to park on the grass:) It's not a very safe place to park anyway, as it's just before/after a blind and rather narrow bend.
If there are two vehicles coming from opposite directions 'at speed' one usually has to dive onto the grass to avoid a 'smack'.

Cheers - Phil