Hello from Regensburg, Germany

Started by Draconarius, 09 December 2010, 10:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconarius

Hi,

after reading this forum for a few months, I finally decided to register. I have been interested in wargaming for a long time, but started not untill 2007 with the omnipresent Warhammer Fantasy (Actually this is quite normal in Germany, historical wargamers are quite rare - at least in my region). In the beginning of the last year i sold my two armies, didn't like the rules, the prices, the habits of the gamers in my environment (Some should have made a profession out of their hobby: They would have been good surveyors or officials for sure, but gaming with them was too bureaucratic.) and the perspective of buying, assembling and painting hundreds of miniatures in the 28mm-scale. So i found a club, where they are playing flames of war, assembled and painted (well, at least nearly) a whole army. But as i am also interested in the times before ww2, i started some projects in earlier times.
For example last year, i was able to buy a few packs of Pendraken's SYW-Figures (15 of the Austrian Range, 15 of the Prussian Range) for a fair price in a german forum, bought some additional figures and last month i was finally able to start painting. I am going to use the miniatures for Sam Mustafa's Might & Reason. I also got the basis for a WMA Burgundian Ordonannce Army, which hopefully will see some paint in the next year. Of course some other ranges are tempting also, for example the late romans, the napoleonics and the ww2-range. :D
That's all for the moment, allready by now sorry for my bad english. If there are still questions left unanswered, aks them. ;)

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!