Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
18 November 2019, 10:49:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our comprehensive Indian Mutiny range is now available!
286724 Posts in 17053 Topics by 2192 Members
Latest Member: Trebian
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Wider Wargaming
| |-+  Painting & Modelling
| | |-+  Painting Diaries (Moderator: nikharwood)
| | | |-+  dguys all new and totally improved 2019 painting diary
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: dguys all new and totally improved 2019 painting diary  (Read 4546 times)
Ithoriel
Lieutenant General

« Reply #90 on: 16 June 2019, 12:06:00 PM »

Edinburgh wasted a fortune on trams a few years back and is threatening to squander even more to extend the existing, useless service.

"500 million f***ing quid to replace the number 22 bus, have they completely lost their f***ing minds!" Smiley

BTW the 22 bus continues to run ... more frequently and to more stops than the trams.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yOqU4-zE5w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yOqU4-zE5w</a>

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!
ianrs54
Playtester
Lieutenant General

« Reply #91 on: 16 June 2019, 12:08:24 PM »

New trams in Liverpool were going to run out to Kirby, same as Merseyrail has, hence being abandoned. Brikenhead had the first trams in the country btw.

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF HURRAY

Muppet of the year 2019
Westmarcher
Brigadier

Sir Oik of Westmarch

« Reply #92 on: 16 June 2019, 12:54:21 PM »

Seen the Hitler / Edinburgh Tram video before - but still good!  Grin

My last experience on the Edinburgh Trams was as a prisoner. We were heading into town and very late for a special dinner reservation at the Balmoral Hotel. We were stuck in a traffic jam in Princes Street caused by motor vehicles which were, in turn, stuck at the junction between the Scott Monument and the Balmoral(?) and thus blocking the rails. We weren't allowed to exit the tram and time was ticking by very, very slowly, putting our reservation at risk. Very frustrating and I'm sure would not have happened if we were in a bus.    Thumbs down

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
mad lemmey
Count

« Reply #93 on: 16 June 2019, 01:44:52 PM »

This is a hijack, take this thread to Cuba.
(Warning, subtitles not safe for work)
https://youtu.be/scIj3WSOhho

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
Steve J
General

« Reply #94 on: 16 June 2019, 03:52:17 PM »

Very funny Grin Grin Grin. Here in Bristol there has been talk for years of putting the trams back on the streets. Eventually they decided to go with a fancy park and ride scheme, with the roads completed before they had anyone to even run it!!! Oh, and bendy buses cause a perpetual nightmare here Sad.

http://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - 2 x Winner!
d_Guy
Major General

« Reply #95 on: 16 June 2019, 04:00:41 PM »

Grin Grin
Find Wally

If not to be highjacked, what are the point of threads? Its like:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCW3HsOtX3U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCW3HsOtX3U</a>

In early visits would stick out a handful of bizarre coins and let the clippy sort through them.

Thanks for the continued good wishes.

http://inredcoatragsattired.com
Disputatio stellas lucra
The effect of their shooting was to affect their morale. -Leman
Techno
Count

« Reply #96 on: 16 June 2019, 04:09:57 PM »

"500 million f***ing quid to replace the number 22 bus, have they completely lost their f***ing minds!" Smiley

So...Mike.....Come on.....Are you trying to tell us that you think it was a waste of money ?  Undecided

I really think that folk should say what they mean, and not simply sit on the fence and leave everybody to guess their true opinions. Wink

Cheers - A Git.

FSN IS an oik...I wonder when he'll change his signature again . :-)
Techno....AND STILL.....The most picked on member of the forum since 2011
Ithoriel
Lieutenant General

« Reply #97 on: 16 June 2019, 04:18:28 PM »

So...Mike.....Come on.....Are you trying to tell us that you think it was a waste of money ?  :-

"You might say that, I couldn't possibly comment." Wink

Techno
Count

« Reply #98 on: 16 June 2019, 04:26:29 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Cheers - Phil  Wink

Leman
Field Marshal

« Reply #99 on: 16 June 2019, 05:26:56 PM »

Obviously if they are used correctly they can be of enormous benefit and cut pollution - or perhaps people like the idea of more youngsters with asthma - makes the awkward little buggers easier to control. The tram from Kirkby into Liverpool City centre would have taken a different route to the train with more stops, and then have looped around the city centre. Would have been a boon now that Liverpool has become a tourist destination. The buses push out fumes and are help to congest the roads.

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!
fsn
General

« Reply #100 on: 16 June 2019, 05:43:35 PM »

When I leave work (in Liverpool) - about 7pm - I have a 15 minute walk to the car. I almost never hear English (or even Scouse) spoken.

I think everyone in Liverpool is a tourist.

Lord Oik of Runcorn
(You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013
Oik of the Year 2014
Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!

15mm is dead. It just doesn't know it yet.
Techno
Count

« Reply #101 on: 16 June 2019, 05:45:40 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel
Lieutenant General

« Reply #102 on: 16 June 2019, 05:53:03 PM »

Buses here are increasingly electric or hybrid so still no excuse for extravagant spending on a white elephant.

Westmarcher
Brigadier

Sir Oik of Westmarch

« Reply #103 on: 16 June 2019, 06:38:57 PM »

This (thread derailment) is like visiting someone (in this case, d-guy) who is sick; chatting about everything except the subject matter.

... which reminds me of the time a friend gave me an elephant for my room. I said, "Thanks." He said, "Don't mention it.'

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
mmcv
Major

« Reply #104 on: 16 June 2019, 06:45:21 PM »

Very funny Grin Grin Grin. Here in Bristol there has been talk for years of putting the trams back on the streets. Eventually they decided to go with a fancy park and ride scheme, with the roads completed before they had anyone to even run it!!! Oh, and bendy buses cause a perpetual nightmare here Sad.

Did something similar in Belfast here, rapid transit bus system with dedicated bus lanes and park and rides. At the moment they have some Glider (tram like bendy bus) services running east to west and within the city centre to the newer 'Titanic' district. Not sure if they intend to expand anymore since we've not had a government for over two years! Seems to work well the few times I've used it mind you.

P.S. sorry to hear about your injury Bill, hope it heals soon!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: