BKC-IV Update - Feb 2019

Started by Leon, 09 February 2019, 11:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

As you are all aware, we've been working on BKC-IV for some time now and the good news is that we've just sent out the Beta copy to a wider group of people for their opinion and feedback.

Once we've received all of that feedback, we can then go through it with our revision group and make any changes.  All of the feedback will be taken on board, but there may be certain aspects of the rules which involve personal preference and will not be changed in the final document.  Obviously spelling mistakes, layout issues, etc. will get fixed though!

We have set a deadline of SUNDAY 24th FEB for all of the feedback, which will allow us one week to go through and implement any changes needed.  The file will then go off to the printers at the beginning of March so that the printers can turn it around in time for Salute.

So, it's full steam ahead for the next few weeks and we'll have BKC-IV ready for you very soon!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Great to hear that all the hard work is coming together :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

ronan

:-\  .. last days of February...  Just when I'm moving again to a new house (where I will have space to play )  :-\
Is this a conspiracy ?

;)   :)

Shedman

Ben Waterhouse

Arma Pacis Fulcra

petercooman

Wishing you the best of luck with this one!

Big Insect

17 February 2019, 10:13:46 PM #6 Last Edit: 17 February 2019, 10:16:24 PM by Big Insect
Thank you to all who have volunteered (or been press ganged - shanghaied) into doing final proof reading and play-tests.

However, I have a wider ASK.

In the Optional Rules Section I have included a Perilous Terrain section.
This covers things like Frozen Lakes, Soft-Sand and Boggy/Marshy ground.
The idea came from me scouring various BKC players Blogs and somebody had a great mechanism to cover the issue of frozen lakes breaking under the weight of armour crossing them.

This might seem a bit 'fringe' but I'm a Winter War player and the Soviets lost a huge % of their armour early on in the war due to ice breaking on frozen lakes.
This casualty rate was further increased by the canny use by the Finns of magnetic anti-shipping mines being placed below the surface of the lakes just ahead of the big winter freeze. You get the idea.

However, I archived away the section from the particular blog where I found this - and in good internet fashion - can I find it now - NO of course not!

Can you help - did you write that blog and come up with the mechanism - or does anybody else here have a copy?
I am always keen to 'borrow' other peoples ideas and this one is a cracker (no pun intended!!!)  ;D

Any help much appreciated - or if you have suggestions - then now is your chance ....

Thanks

Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Techno

I bet Nobby will be able to find it, if it still exists on the net. :)

Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Big Insect

Outstanding chaps - that was it - I even have the book referred to in the post.

I can finish off that final section no

Cheers

Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Rolf Steiner

Looking forward to the revised version

Superscribe

Hi Leon.

Excellent news regarding availability of v4 at Salute 2019 and looking forward to using the latest version.

This may have been discussed already but assume that we can bring v3 rules we have and do straight swap at Salute?

Regards

Chris

Big Insect

I believe that was always the case but that's one for Leon to answer.

Pendraken are up at the Allumwell Show (West Midlands, UK) this weekend - so if you are going pop along to the stand and chat to Leon.

Thank you all for all your roof-reading and plate-testing contributions - it's been really really helpful.

We had so much by way of great feedback and suggested additional things that BKCIV will come with a number of PDF supplement downloads, with specific 'extras' available to allow you to play the game at differing levels of granularity or with added optional features (at your own choice).

Roll on Salute

Mark