Sassanid Persian army

Started by FierceKitty, 13 January 2019, 11:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Today they try their strength against the western empire.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

sunjester

FierceKitty

The Lady wasn't with us today. The Roman plan was sound enough, but those cataphracts take a lot of killing. The wife is very pleased with herself.

In this picture, you can see why the Romans felt confident about their left. The Immortals were actually taken in flank and frontally, but survived long enough for the feudal cavalry to relieve them and clobber the newly-raised Illyriciani.

FierceKitty

02 February 2019, 11:07:13 AM #18 Last Edit: 02 February 2019, 11:11:45 AM by FierceKitty
Our lancers drove in the Hephthalites, but pursued too far and were flank attacked by elephants in turn. No photograph of that, fortunately. But as you see below, the guards foot failed to destroy the Persian guards cavalry and the King of Kings, despite a flank charge; and between these two disasters, the Equites Singulares were slowly ground to bits by the Gyanaspar.

FierceKitty

The right wing was more successful, but the only significant enemy loss were the Armenians. The legionaries carved up the Persian foot and the Chionites, but the Sassanid command probably didn't even notice. Arrogant bastards. No wonder the Arabs pushed them over a bit later.

Womble67

Sounds like you had fun

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Last time, the Persians had bad omens, and the Huns walloped them. Sunday saw what they could do when the leash was off.

FierceKitty

The second picture here shows what happens when LI support for cavalry do their job.

SV52

"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner