Vietnam Rules

Started by far4ngn, 18 April 2019, 06:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

far4ngn

Guys

Any suitable rules available for predominantly infantry actions for Vietnam/Indo China games?

Thanks
Paul

Raider4

There's FNG from Two Hour Wargames. Think there's a new version just come out?

FierceKitty

Any good ancients set. But although decent Han figures are available, nobody makes Vietnamese yet.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

smallchild139

Charlie Don't Surf from Too Fat Lardies for larger scale engagements, Chain of Command from TFL also has Vietnam mods available on the net for smaller (platoon level) actions.  Also Force on Force and the Vietnam supplement work well for low level engagements.

Mark

DFlynSqrl

Quote from: Raider4 on 18 April 2019, 08:22:58 AM
There's FNG from Two Hour Wargames. Think there's a new version just come out?

Yes, FNG 3 is releasing next month.  I got to give the rules a proof read this weekend.

Big Insect

CWC will work fine for Vietnam
The thing to do is use the Guerrilla Tac.Doc from BKCIV for the VC
What scale are you proposing to play?

Cheers
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

far4ngn

10mm using a forces upto a battalion, if possible.

toxicpixie

I've used CWC for French Indo-China - it's worked very nicely.

Would be nice with a CWC II with split AT/AP stats, mind ;)

I've also played a bit of squad level stuff with Osprey's "Black Ops", which so long as you select appropriate forces and/or hand wave the more advanced gear (essentially everyone in BOps has body armour, modern assault rifles etc) seemed to play very nicely. Its focus on sneaking and blundering about was very handy, and very tense in the jungle or BUA/village clearance.

It's a very long while since I played them, but Peter Pigs "Men of Company B" was great fun as well.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting