War of the Roses Basing

Started by Nap4, 03 February 2019, 06:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nap4

Hey Guys

Hope this is the right section
I am starting to paint my WOTR 10mm and want to base them so that they can possible as much as possible
fit most rule sets.

But since im not very experienced in medievil wargaming what would people suggest as a standard that could possibly work ?

I am thinking 20mm x 20mm with 4 figures or 30mm x 20mm with 6 figures ?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Duke Speedy of Leighton

40x20 is the standard widthxdepth for Barker descendent rules (Dabs, MeG, ALDG), not sure about Peter Pig's set or Impetus, as they are larger units I think.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Nap4

thanks
So 40 x 20 ...that would mean 8 or so figures per stand ?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Mine are 8 for lose, 10 for close order...
Or whatever looks cool!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

Quote from: mad lemmey on 03 February 2019, 07:50:08 AM
40x20 is the standard widthxdepth for Barker descendent rules (Dabs, MeG, ALDG), not sure about Peter Pig's set or Impetus, as they are larger units I think.

Peter pigs set uses 30x30 bases, but we have used them with 40 x 20 bases with no trouble.  I would go with 40 x 20 bases.  It can be handy to adjust the number of figures per base to make them easy to differentiate.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson