Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: Techno on 05 February 2019, 04:06:06 PM
Don't you just hate 'rules'.  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phl

Who mentioned WRG...
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Techno

Nothing to do with the Greek sculpts.

But I can see a totally massive row coming between Von and I, and the 'social services/council' VERY, VERY soon.  ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X(

It sounds as tho' they're going to try and take as much money from MIL....Do as little as poss, and expect Von and I to do 99.9% of the work.

They can (ahem) 'bog' off.*

Cheers - Phil

*...I'm sure you can all imagine the word I really want to put in, instead of 'bog'. :d :d :d :d...(But I'm supposed to be a Moderator, so  can't use such a naughty word.)

Ithoriel

Had similar struggles with Social Work here, Phil.

I don't recommend my route of collapsing in the middle of Cineworld's foyer, cracking my head off the tiled floor, spending the night in an overwhelmed A&E to be sent home despite a tendency to lose sight, balance and then consciousness without much warning.

Did focus the minds of SW wonderfully, however!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Womble67

Quote from: FierceKitty on 05 February 2019, 11:01:20 AM
Shakespeare and Jane Austen weren't good at spelling either.

My spelling & grammar is atrocious

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Von & I are getting far too close to that for comfort, Mike, I'm afraid. X_X

I'm determined 'to win' and not let the b*ggers grind us down, though.
They've been getting away with it for far too long, already.

Cheers - Somehow more angry than stressed. (Sigh)....and apologies again ,for going off on one, earlier in the thread

paulr

Good luck with the 'Social Work'

I had to bail one of the equivalent here up and point out that if anything happened to my farther in law I would do everything possible to ensure that they were held personally liable before they would assist in convincing him that some recuperation time in a rest home was the best course rather than sending him home with the same level of support that left him on the floor for 18 hours after a fall

Rant over
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Kassad

Very nice sculpts Techno. I like very much the pose and the various armour types, usefull to create a city state army where differents "panoplia" coexisted, based on different economic status between soldier-citizens.
Great job Techno my compliments. Bravo!
I need to find the right rules to play the hoplitical warfare now.
Leon what do you think about decals for the shields?
As always forgive my rough English.
2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Quote from: Kassad on 09 February 2019, 11:24:36 AM
Very nice sculpts Techno. I like very much the pose and the various armour types, usefull to create a city state army where differents "panoplia" coexisted, based on different economic status between soldier-citizens.
Great job Techno my compliments. Bravo!
I need to find the right rules to play the hoplitical warfare now.
Leon what do you think about decals for the shields?
As always forgive my rough English.

It's easier than you think to paint fancy Greek shield-fronts, especially if you let yourself use indelible felt-tip CD marker pens for details. If I can do it, anyone can.

Spartans - bronze face, big lambda (you can vary the colours a bit if you like)
Athenians - capital alpha; gorgon head (the reference is to the shield of their patron goddess, Athene); owl
Thebans - club of Herakles
Sicyon - capital sigma

There could be numerous dolphins, snakes, gulls, wine-jars - just Google some Greek vases and see how they did them (and remember you don't have to confine yourself to bronze backgrounds, though these look good too). More difficult are octopodes, horses, bulls, and Greek writing; these I downloaded and reduced before printing and glueing on.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

Fenton

Just as a note of caution I bought some of the lbms generic 10mm Greek shield designs for some newline figures and they are tiny. I think there meant for the centre of the Magister Militum really.
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 05 February 2019, 04:06:06 PM
Don't you just hate 'rules'.  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phl

Mrs Orcs says I am typical youngest child following the premise that  " Rules don't apply to me"   :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

Mark.

I'm sure I've mentioned before.

I was once described as the oldest 14 year old in the UK.....When I was 34.

Cheers - Phil

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Kassad

2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

I cannot tell a lie - those ones were glued on. But the hand-painted gorgons were a pleasant surprise - they look pretty good. I'll ask the better half to take a picture tomorrow.