A Winter Wonderland

Started by Steve J, 01 February 2019, 07:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

It started snowing around 9.00pm yesterday and we awoke today to find we've had between 4"-8" (due to drifting) overnight and it's still snowing. Looks absolutely beautiful :). However as I have flu, I won't really be able to enjoy it, unless I really does myself up :(. Off to sweep the paths of our house and our elderley neighbours later as that does need to be done. Hope all OK wherever you are, especially our cousins in the States.

fsn

We had a good fall of snow a couple of days ago.
yesterday it had turned crispy.
Today, I had to Torville and Dean my way out of the car park.   >:(
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

We've had about 2mm in Formby, which is great because it is actually easier to walk on than the slippery frost we had yesterday. Going to Southport in about an hour so long as the trains are on - nothing on the local news as yet.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

We've got a sultry smog over the Big Mango that has led to the cancellation of the last two days of classes this week.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

paulr

It has just started raining here finally breaking our hot spell #:-S

Its down to 20C at 10pm :o

Take care up north
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

T13A

Hi

It started here in the Mendips at about 5 pm yesterday and as I look out of the window still snowing. No school for Jack so just got the sledge out of the loft so he can go out with his friends. If the pub is open I might join them!

Cheers Paul

PS Problems with the central heating yesterday, plumber did temporary fix but should have been coming today with a new valve. That will not be happening,  and I have a game scheduled for Monday.  :(
T13A Out!

Steve J

Snow update: 10"/25cm accumulation so far on the back lawn and it's still snowing. This is the heaviest snowfall we've had for a long, long time. Tomorrow should be bright and sunny so perfect for a Winter walk :).

Ithoriel

Bright and sunny, with a scattered dusting of frost in the areas the sun hasn't reached yet, here in Edinburgh.

Very cold though. 10oC in my kitchen this morning - with the heating on! The badly insulated dining extension gives a spacious kitchen diner, especially compared to the galley kitchens of other houses round here, but does nothing for the heating bills!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

Barely 1cm here.....Road outside look pretty clear.....The drive's a bit slippery, though.

Very vaguely.....Whereabouts are you, Steve ?

Cheers - Phil

Raider4

Quote from: Techno on 01 February 2019, 11:18:56 AM
Very vaguely.....Whereabouts are you, Steve ?

I believe he's very close to me in Bristol. Certainly I have the weather he's describing  :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Only school open in the area...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

I can empathise with that. Also remember the time I and 2 others walked a couple of snowy miles into school only to be sent home at 9.30 when it was 0bvious the drivers weren't going to make it in.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

fred.

Bright and sunny here on the NW coast. Least frost this morning of the last few days.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Steve J

Hanham, on the Eastern outskirts of Bristol. It's started to thaw, so glad I swept the paths earlier :). Due to freeze tonight so walking could be a tad tricky tomorrow...

d_Guy

Warmed up considerably (currently -2 C) which brought 6 - 8 inches of new snow - still snowing.
Winter sucks - specially since I had to go grocery shopping this AM.
Sleep with clean hands ...