A Winter Wonderland

Started by Steve J, 01 February 2019, 07:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westmarcher

Weather here has taken a turn for the worse. A cloud has appeared.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Techno

The most teeny 'dusting' overnight, here in the Preselis.

I think we'll be trying to get over to the hospital to see Von's Mum today, as long as the roads aren't too bad......I think that the A roads should be reasonable.
Depends what it's like getting to the local village...Which I'll find out, when I do a quick 'bun run', soon.

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Been leaving for work very early, but its been easier than usual.....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

SV52

Had -7C daytime temps down to -10C at night but not that much snow.  Seems to be warming up now, at least above zero during the day.
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Steve J

-6C this morning when I started the car. Side roads tricky, but other than that, all getting back to nromal as a thaw has set in.

Womble67

It's been a bit frosty and icy but not too bad here

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

lowlylowlycook

I'm in Florida at the moment.  I can report that there is no snow on the beach but the sand is quite white.

Heedless Horseman

My Big Hairy Alsatian decided to chase a Lab  on Sunday...on the lead and on the ice...which proved to be very hard, wet and mucky.  "You Bad Boy!" ...or words to that effect were heard...!   ;)
Melted off by Monday and clothing washed...but still a bit Ow! Ow! Ow!   
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Techno

Von did point out a little clip on Faceache, a day or so ago.....

It was of some poor chap, having to crawl on hands and knees, back up the road, to reach his house.
Basically because the paths, and the road itself, were just a sheet of ice......and uphill.

Even on hands and knees you could see him sliding back at various stages of his 'climb'. :o

Cheers - Phil

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!