1809 Warsaw sculpts!

Started by Leon, 29 January 2019, 10:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Batch 3 of our 1809 Not-Kickstarter has arrived and this month it's the Warsaw sculpts!  We've got the previous 2 sets master moulded so we'll be moving on to the production moulds once we get past the Vapnartak show this coming weekend.  We're roughly on track for starting to ship these towards the end of February as planned.

Warsaw

Command - 2 x Mounted officer / officer / standard / drummer:
NapsWarsawComm by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Infantry - Fusilier x 2 march attack / 2 x firing / Elite Co x 2 march attack / 2 x firing:
NapWarsawFoot by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Infantry and Art - Grenadiers x 2 / Line artillery crew x 4:
NapWarsawGrenArt by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Horse Art - Horse artillery crew x 4:
NapWarsawArt by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Uhlans - 3 x command / 2 x troopers:
NapWarsawCav by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Uhlan Elites and Art - 2 x Uhlan Elites / Horse artillery crew x 4:
NapWarsawUhlanArt by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

So with these all done we've only got the Wurttemburgers left to be done!  We'll have those with us soon and we'll get ready to crack on with the production.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ben Waterhouse

Arma Pacis Fulcra

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Zippee

Excellent stuff, really looking forward to these

Techno

Damn fine work, 'Mr X'.

Cheers - Phil

Shutuphippie

These look excellent.  I assume I could use the Uhlans to represent 1815 Red Lancers....
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

John Cook

Quote from: Shutuphippie on 31 January 2019, 08:06:53 PM
These look excellent.  I assume I could use the Uhlans to represent 1815 Red Lancers....

Or Vistula Lancers.  Getting closer to a Peninsula range by the day!

Shutuphippie

Quote from: John Cook on 01 February 2019, 02:46:23 AM

Or Vistula Lancers.  Getting closer to a Peninsula range by the day!

Huzzah! 😁😁😁👍👍
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

Womble67

They look great

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

maciek

Your infantry officers are wrong.
They wore bicornes.
Maciek

http://zealandbayonets.blogspot.com/
wargaming in 10mm

2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Zippee

Quote from: maciek on 22 February 2019, 02:04:16 PM
Your infantry officers are wrong.
They wore bicornes.

Quote Rawkins p26-27
The officers were issued with the same pattern czapka as the men; however, this was generally only worn for full dress and was replaced in the field with the bicorn hat. The hat was trimmed at the upper edges with black leather and hat black leather stiffeners at the front and rear. The white rosette cockade was held with a gold or silver cockade-strap, according to regimental button colour. Field officers had gold/silver lace trim to the upper edge. Pompons & plumes were as for the czapka.

The officers czapka was basically as for the other ranks but as these were usually purchased privately were of better quality and senior officers often had the cap faced with black silk. The upper edges of the hat were trimmed with gold lace, silver for the 2nd Legia, and chinscales and other metalwork were either gilded or silver plated. The eagle plate at the front of the czapka was of similar pattern to that of the other ranks but with decorative scrolling to the edges and was gilded or silver plated; all silver for the 2nd Division officers. All officers wore silver cords and flounders and the white rosette, national cockade was fastened with a silver cockade-strap with gilded or silvered button. The company officers of the fusiliers wore a ball shaped pompon of black; company colour for those regiments serving with the French army in Spain the 4th, 7th and 9th Infantry Regiments. The elite company officers wore pompons of scarlet or green and the full dress plumes were as for the company, or white for the field officers.

In 1810 all lace decorations to the headwear became gold for all regiments and the plates were gilded with silver plated eagles, however, many officers of the 2nd Division appear to have retained their silver decorations at least until 1812. The company officers of the grenadier companies now wore the bearskin bonnets as for the men, however, all metalwork was gilded, cords and flounders were silver and the plumes scarlet. The officers of those units which were wearing the shako had the hat decorated in the French manner, all metalwork was gilt and the upper edge of the shako was trimmed with gold lace. Cords and flounders and company pompons followed those of other officers.
End quote

You should be careful making such sweeping and emphatic statements. Bicorns may well have been a common item of campaign or march wear but they were not the designated uniform item. It is simply incorrect to claim the models are wrong, it's also rather rude to do so without further comment and not particularly helpful either.

paulr

I note from Maciek's blog that his first language appears to be Polish, this may have contributed to the 'brevity' of his comment
Some more background would have been useful and the information from Rawkins is interesting

My Polish officers are in czapka but are from 1812 and 6mm ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

maciek

thank you @paulr
Indeed, I'm not native English speaker.
I'm sorry if I offended anybody.

@Zippee
Who is Rawkins you cited ?
Maciek

http://zealandbayonets.blogspot.com/