21st century moderns

Started by slinky, 17 March 2010, 09:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slinky

Would love to see some modern stuff from pendraken even if it was only infantry to start with as mini figs infantry  just dont compare with the mighty pendraken!!!!

Leon

Modern is one of the area we get asked for quite regularly, but with the sheer number of codes you'd need, it would be a huge undertaking.  Maybe somewhere down the line we'll dive in, but it's not something we've got any plans for unfortunately.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

...not forgetting that you do Indo-China & Vietnam already - and with a bit of creative imagination existing PD figures are useable across a good number of modern theatres...sometime by accompanying other manufacturers [the horror, the horror!]

If you want to see how I've used PD figures in my moderns,  have a look at some of my CWC battlegroups - linked from here: http://nikharwood.pbworks.com/CWC+battlegroups

pompey_rich

any chance of moderns (uk/usa/rus/etc)?

so we can play cwc in the exact same (pendraken) scale as bkc?

slinky

17-21l

yes me too what about 1980's Brits and red hoards , chieftains challanger1, abbots, 109s, 432, cvrt, t72/64, brdm etc cor never thought of that before - i could relive my youth!! oh yea and modern kit- ie chally 2 and warrior , AS90 etc -could make for some fab what if? games
God Save the Queen
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ben Waterhouse

Fourthed - Third World War, Crusader '80, Lionheart '85 and all that...

jchaos79

Leon

The Modern question comes up quite regularly, but the sheer scale of the ranges needed for that is something we couldn't commit to at any point in the foreseeable future.

:(
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Frantic

You could just do the infantry to start with, pretty plz  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

kustenjaeger

Greetings

I imagine the only way to be economically viable would be to select a popular small subset of 'modern' and make that more or less complete.  Not sure what that would be though, even leaving artillery etc out of it as off table.

Regards

Edward

Leon

Quote from: kustenjaeger on 19 May 2010, 02:47:55 PM
Greetings

I imagine the only way to be economically viable would be to select a popular small subset of 'modern' and make that more or less complete.  Not sure what that would be though, even leaving artillery etc out of it as off table.

Regards

Edward

It's tricky to do, because once we start we're going to have a whole new pile of requests for it.  There was a lot of interest for a Falklands War range, so we might start with that at some point in the future, and see where we go from there.

nikharwood

I think that, realistically, in 10mm it's the Falklands that is the 'missing' range across the piece - most other stuff you can either use generic proxies / Minifigs etc and most others are covered by 6mm which are OK for most people; the issue is that the range & scope of 'needed' models is enormous...and for skirmish, there are superb figures in the larger scales...

Falklands lends itself to 10mm IMHO...and I hope that we'll see these  ;D

Bravo Six

I didn't see a moderns forum here, so I thought maybe this post would fit here.

I know Dave does French-Indo China and Vietnam, but I'm wondering if he's ever considered moderns in 10mm? Anyone know? I'm thinking Afghanistan, Middle East sorta stuff. I know there's a few companies out there doing this already in this scale, but the Pendraken figures are IMHO the best sculpted stuff out there. I have a whack of their Nam stuff and I LOVE it.

Anyway... food for thought perhaps.  ;)

-B6

Leon

It's something we get a few requests for, I think there are a couple on the Forum somewhere.  The problem with getting into the Moderns, is the sheer scale of it, and we just don't have the time or designers at the moment to do it properly.  Maybe in the future, when we've finished off a lot more of the Historical gaps, we'd look at doing something.