Rebels and patriots

Started by Jim Ando, 25 January 2019, 03:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve_holmes_11

Still waiting for my copy,
Meanwhile, this gentleman has posted a review that describes most of the mechanisms.

https://ilivewithcats.blogspot.com/2019/01/a-patriotic-rebel-i-review-of-ospreys.html

It appears to take some good elements form Pkeman's Lament, The Men who would be Kings, and a few new items.
I'm even more keen to get my hands on it.

fred.

Where is your copy coming from Steve? Amazon delivered mine in about 30hrs!

That linked write up is very good. I'm liking the rules, it does seem to take the best of the LR series and TMWWBK. One thing I didn't see in the write-up that I do like is that Close Order is only effective to the front, which is good as it seemed a bit odd in TMWWBK that you're u could be charged from behind but still get the close order benefits.

Need to decide which period (and scale). Might depend on what gaming buds want to play. I have tried some 10mm figures on the sugggested 1, 2, 3 figure basing and using 2, 4, 6 figures looks good. And basically means a pack of Pendraken figures does a unit.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: fred. on 30 January 2019, 09:30:56 PM
Where is your copy coming from Steve? Amazon delivered mine in about 30hrs!

That linked write up is very good. I'm liking the rules, it does seem to take the best of the LR series and TMWWBK. One thing I didn't see in the write-up that I do like is that Close Order is only effective to the front, which is good as it seemed a bit odd in TMWWBK that you're u could be charged from behind but still get the close order benefits.

Need to decide which period (and scale). Might depend on what gaming buds want to play. I have tried some 10mm figures on the sugggested 1, 2, 3 figure basing and using 2, 4, 6 figures looks good. And basically means a pack of Pendraken figures does a unit.

Books etc. - a shop on Amazon, but not Amazon.
Marginally cheaper than Amazon itself, and cheaper delivery too for a pleb like me who doesn't have prime.
It arrived the day after I posted.

I think 2, 4 , 6 would work well with these rules.
Many of the game's design decisions feel less anchored to a 1 stand = 1 soldier representation.
And units of 6 10mm figures might appear a bit small.

On the other hand a large unit of 36 infantry represents quite a chunk of painting.

Jim Ando

Hi

I got my copy from an  amazon search. Got it from the Book depository for about £ 9.70 with free p&p. Bargain .

Jim.