Napoleonic Casualties?

Started by Leon, 21 January 2019, 11:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grahambeyrout

I might be flogging a dead hat here, but since no-one seems to like my suggestion about hatless casualties which I felt allowed a more generic and hence a more versatile approach, what about casualties with multiple headgear instead. One has a standard prone casualty  figure without headgear. On the base somewhere near the body lies say three types of headgear, perhaps  helmet, shako, bearskin. Two of these could be cut/filed away by the purchaser, leaving whatever is desired.   

mollinary

Rather like the existing AWI casualty figures?
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon

We raised that option with the sculptor but he preferred to do them on the figure.  There's nothing really stopping us from putting hats on sprues and selling them as a separate item though.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Last Hussar

That's a good idea.

Sculptor just wants extra work!
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Zippee

Nothing against hats on sprues, useful for all sorts of things but there's more to the differences between uniforms than just hats (although hats are a biggie0

backpacks, cut of the coat and length, gaiters/trousers/shorts and sandals, etc

and that's without worrying about details like epaulettes!

you're still probably doing a hatless dummy for each major nationality with accompanying sprue, so:
Austrian style figure - sprue with helmet, shako, bearskin
French style figure - sprue with shako, hat, bearskin
British style figure - sprue with belgic or stovepipe shako [probably still need a highlander though, can't be having separate sprues of kilts!]
etc. etc.
and then you still need the lesser states in helmet and bicorn, etc