As the House is pleased to direct me... Another ECW project

Started by mmcv, 20 January 2019, 11:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmcv

Extending flag poles is a nightmare  :'(

Especially when you can't find your normal superglue and try and use a different one that instantly binds everything including your skin. Goodbye handpainted flag, hello torn flag!

mmcv

Managed to salvage one of the flags, the other has been patched and will have to see if it's okay in the light of day. Lost a flagpole in the process and had to drill for a new one. With that said, the rest of the flags went easily enough (once I found the superglue) and got the magnet paper on the bases, so that's three regiments of NMA foot done and dusted!

paulr

Glad it came right once you found the glue you needed, it can be pretty fiddly but well worth it for the look
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mmcv

Decided I want going to get any better light any time soon so took some poor light some pics of what I have so far.

So first up I present you with the Prankmaster Gereral* of the New Model Army himself, Olly "Old Ironsides" Cromwell:

*He's been known to moonlight as Lt. General of the Horse as well.

mmcv

Next up Sgt. Major General Phillip "Skipper" Skippon's Regiment of Foot:

mmcv

mmcv

And finally, Sir Hardress "Hard Ass" Waller's Regiment of Foot:

You may note the repaired flag but I'm sure they had to patch up flags from time to time so decided to leave it for the moment.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

I also have a unit of Horse based and just awaiting a flag, and another unit of Horse awaiting a cornet and trumpeter as Olly stole them "for a laugh". What a guy...

Have a batch of Royalists under the brush, Horse currently but I need to switch to infantry soon. Only so many bridles a man can paint before needing some good solid foot under the brush!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

Terry37

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

mmcv

Cheers guys, next up Colonel Nathaniel "Pauper" Rich's Regiment of Horse:

I'm not entirely happy with the flag but otherwise has come out well.

Playing with a different photo setup using my painting lamps and white paper. Let me know what you think. Definitely, need to play with my phone's focus settings though for those wider angles.

I've gone with a 100mm frontage on the Horse, slightly shorter than the 120mm frontage on the Foot. I just preferred the look of it and allows me a somewhat denser formation without using a lot more figures.