Work on my Second Afghan War/North West Frontier project is coming along nicely!

Started by Cavillarius, 19 January 2019, 12:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavillarius

Right. My FoB rules arrived today, and I feel slightly cheated!
On the back cover it says 'no additional supplements are required for play', but inside, there is constant mention of sequence cards, and it turns out I have to order those seperately...
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!???!!!

Techno

That sounds a wee bit naughty to me.
Presumably that means you'll be stuck with a second, nasty, shipping charge ?
Or do you HAVE to have the cards...?
I'm sure Andy (Leman) can chip in here.

Cheers - Phil

Leman

When  I bought my copy from from Lancashire Games I'm pretty certain the cards came with it, printed on  card sheets and needing to be cut out. To extend their life I encapsulated them:

I bought the rules at a show and the cards came along with the QRS and other tables in a separate cellophane pack. I really don't recall having to pay extra for them.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Westmarcher

Quote from: Cavillarius on 26 January 2019, 12:31:57 AM
Right. My FoB rules arrived today, and I feel slightly cheated!
On the back cover it says 'no additional supplements are required for play', but inside, there is constant mention of sequence cards, and it turns out I have to order those seperately...
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!???!!!
I know how you feel. I had a similar problem with another supplier with Fire & Fury rules.

Looking at my Field of Battle 2nd Edition (I also have the 1st Edition), you should also have received 60 cards printed on 5 sheets along with the rules. I think there should also be some Quick Reference Sheets, etc. but I cannot remember how many (one or two?). There are possibly two (or three?) other sheets with some tables you can find in the main rules book - these include tables for the Sequence Deck Grade, Sequence Deck Composition and Leadership Rating table, the Unit Class Combat Die Table(?), the Benefits of Rolling Even, and Fate and Command Decisions results tables (sorry, it is so long since I purchased the rules and since then I have added my own customised sheets).

There is an OPTION to buy the De Luxe Sequence Decks of Cards if you want something fancier and more durable. Some people make their own "de luxe' cards personalised to their own tastes.

With my 1st Edition, I laminated the card sheets then cut out the cards. With the 2nd Ed. I treated myself to the De Luxe cards (which cost extra).

I bought both editions from Lancashire Games but if you continue to have problems with Lancashire Games because you are dealing with someone there who doesn't know this, you could try to contact the author at piquetsales@piquet.com(?) to find out what should have accompanied the Rules book. If you are still having problems, send me a personal message with your contact details and I'll see if it is possible to photocopy mine or e-mail you the missing sheets.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Cavillarius

Thanks guys, I’ll try to contact Caliver (this is where i got it.. sorry) first. I’m sure it is a harmless mistake.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Shedman

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ben Waterhouse

Arma Pacis Fulcra

mmcv

Something very fearsome looking about that gurkha unit! Lovely looking basing as the others have said, adds a lot of character to the units.