Work on my Second Afghan War/North West Frontier project is coming along nicely!

Started by Cavillarius, 19 January 2019, 12:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavillarius

I guess this is about 10-20% of the total.

I'll upload some individual pics later.

Basing is a slightly modified Battles for Empire, should also be suitable for Black Powder.

Cavillarius

mmcv

Superb, the interesting basing and dynamic attack posing looks great!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

Nice work.  :-bd   I think the basing will also suit Field of Battle rules. 
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Shedman

Steve J

Great work! What code are the British firing line from, as they are rather nice?

Leman

That project is blossoming nicely. Very impressive looking irregulars.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Cavillarius

Oh, hang on Steve, sorry, I forgot. They're not Pendraken, all the rest is. When I first started this project, I was new to 10mm, so I tried several brands: Magister Militum (as these are), Steve Barber, Old Glory and Pendraken.
I soon found out that I should have gone with Pendraken all the way through, and since then I have.

The fact that only Leon was happy to send me a free sample should have told me something. All the other brand made me buy packs. Hence the mix.

So these are Magister, and they look OK. Steve Barber's are just a little too small and Old Glory's are a bit clumsy.
Any future pictures will mostly be Pendraken, with the occasional MM, because I do like them too (I bought 1 infantry brigade and 1 cavalry brigade from them. Which is still just a fraction of what I bought from our host....)

Leman

Cavillarius

Indeed, sorry, see above

Meanwhile: Field of Battle looks interesting, but it’s pretty expensive with the postage added. I wish they had a pdf version too. I’m perfectly happy to spend that kind of money on a book, but not without first leafing through it.

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

I think Cavillarius is intending to use Battles for Empire or Black Powder. Field of Battle is a variation on Piquet which is card driven. The biggest drawback of FoB2 is the amount of time needed pre-game to organise the armies using a D20, and is best done before actually setting up the battle. Having said that, once done it does give a good game, particularly as most of the rules also appear on the cards thus reducing page flicking considerably.