Carronade, Falkirk - Sat 11th May

Started by Leon, 17 January 2019, 10:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Our first trip up north is the Carronade show in Falkirk, taking place on Saturday 11th May.  We'll need any pre-orders sending through by midnight on Friday 3rd May please and you can place them through either of our websites using the 'Collect at Show' postal option: www.pendraken.co.uk / www.minibits.net

More info on the show can be found here: http://www.falkirkwargamesclub.org.uk/
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

steve_holmes_11

Excellent:

I've posted a small order, but can't rule out some impulse purchases while I'm browsing your wares.

Leon

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 01 May 2019, 08:27:53 AM
Excellent:

I've posted a small order, but can't rule out some impulse purchases while I'm browsing your wares.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

cameronian

Leon could you bring a couple of Austrian 1866 rocket launchers please.
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Leon

Quote from: cameronian on 06 May 2019, 08:24:48 PM
Leon could you bring a couple of Austrian 1866 rocket launchers please.

Can you chuck that over to me by email and I'll get it printed off to be cast up.

Ithoriel

Had a great day at Carronade, caught up with a number of familiar faces - traders and punters.

Got there around 11:30 and lasted until around 15:30. The show seemed busy and the traders I spoke to seemed to be having a good day - always a good sign.

I have around 140 pictures, which I'll post on Facebook later, set to public view (if I can remember how!), so you don't need to join FB to see them.

Lots of 28mm stuff, as usual, both trade and games.

I picked up a couple of spray cans of paint, some figures from Gyrdan (a Pugwanian Veteran, 3 induction drones , a crashed induction drone and a crashed laser drone), a pack of 10mm dogs from Pendraken and a pair of two-dial MDF damage trackers from Warbases.

Good day all round. Looking forward to next year!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

steve_holmes_11

Another attendee.
Very satisfying day.

Loot includes, magnetic circles, lizardmen to predate on my orc army, paint, trees, flock, gravel, a steel cutting rules, tongue dep^H^H^H^HPainting sticks, and some Maccabean Rabbis.
The latter will undergo conversion to put in a shift as Abysynnian priests.

Some nice participation games:
  A Characterful, but not particularly challenging Grail Quest (Monty Python Style) - my bad luck to NOT be waylaid by the sisters of purity.
  Podracing (with guns) - in which we mostly crashed and burned around the first turn.
  A very nice medieval hunting game - played smoothly, wonderful terrain. I never did quite catch that badger.

A good show, aided by being staged in 5 rooms and a broom cupboard, most rooms felt fairly intimate the segregation limits the problems of visitors who brought their "outdoor voices" inside with them.
Some fine traders (Pendraken best obvs.) and a few outstanding display games.

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Steve J

Thanks for the pics Mike and some nice looking games on show :).

jimduncanuk

My Ego forbids a signature.

Ithoriel

Doh! So do I when I'm not logged in to FB. Bleh! I'll try and sort that.

Ithoriel

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Ithoriel on 11 May 2019, 11:22:05 PM
OK, this ought to work ... ought to ... :)

CARRONADE 2019 PICTURES

Almost

First 5 pictures and no scroll option.

steve_holmes_11

Fine bit of work Mike.
A nice record of a fine day out.

A few tables there that I don't recall seeing.
Maybe the old grey cells playing tricks, or maybe I missed a room.

jimduncanuk

Still no pictures other than first five.