Vapnartak, York - Sun 3rd Feb

Started by Leon, 17 January 2019, 10:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Our first show of the year is the excellent Vapnartak in York!  We'll need any pre-orders sending through by midnight on Saturday 26th please and you can place them through either of our websites using the 'Collect at Show' postal option: www.pendraken.co.uk / www.minibits.net

More info on the show can be found here: http://www.yorkwargames.org/Vapnartak.htm
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sean Clark

I've hit what I can only term as 'pre-order paralysis'.

I'm contemplating starting a 1939 September War project using I Ain't Been Shot Mum. Now when I first thought about doing IABSM in 10mm I actually put a largish order into my basket and then went for a cup of tea as a 'cooling off period'. When I came back to check out the basket had emptied.  :o

Now on the verge of the order deadline, I cant decide whether to be sensible and start with a smallish order to get going, or to be more ambitious. The first scenario in the September War supplement is a smallish affair with 2 platoons of Polish infantry facing off against 3 platoons of Germans wtih 4 Armoured Cars. But, the next couple of scenarios add in some tanks and....Polish Cavalry!

Also quite a few scenarios require 27 German trucks! I'm not sure I'll spend nearly £100 on trucks, especially as pretty much as soon as they are on the table, the men de-buss and the trucks are forgotten.

I think I know the answer which is to start small. Both of the army packs for the Germans and the Poles pretty much give me all I need for the first scenario with one or two packs extra. I SUPPOSE the cavalry can wait....but who doesn't want a horde of Polish cavalry charging Pz 1's and 2's?? I appreciate that there is a school of thought that this didn't happen in reality and that the men dismounted (sensible!) but it would look lovely.

A slight fly in the ointment is that the IABSM rulebook has 4 very manageable late war post D-Day scenarios which are also attractive. I'm half way through a 28mm Dunkirk project so late war in 10mm has an appeal. But so does Poland, especially this being the 80th anniversary. But then its the 75th anniversary of D-Day!!

I could see me doing a display quality demo/participation game for Poland as this is something you rarely see at shows.

Can you see my problem or am I an idiot who should just crack on and checkout?  :- :'( ;D ;D ;D :D ;) :) :)

God's Own Scale podcast
https://godsownscale6mm.podbean.com/

Techno

Just give in gracefully, Windle.

We used to have a cat called Windle......named after the same character. ;)

Cheers - Phil

Sean Clark

Apparently I'm dead. Wish someone had told me  :P
God's Own Scale podcast

Techno

;D ;D ;D ;D  ;)

Can you cross a stream ?
Or was it....." Can you pass water ?"...Can't remember.  :P

Cheers - The Bursar........(Undead....Undead !) ;)

mmcv

Phil could do with some dried frog pills these days by the sound of things.

Sean Clark

Having had friends around this evening I almost forgot about my deadline. Fortunately, I've slipped it in before midnight.

No sniggering at the back.

I have placed an order for the troops to refight Chojnice from 1st September 1939. My aim will be to get them painted in time for WMMS at Alumwell at which I'll look to pick up some scenic bits like the buildings etc.

Of course, no plan survives contact with the enemy....but there's a lot of pleasure in just planning these things out.  :D Once the figures arrive I'll blog my progress on here to keep the dander up.
God's Own Scale podcast

paulr

I look forward to seeing your progress
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

My rather small order went in last night, to be picked up for me as I am unable to attend this year. Just three packs to enable me to flesh out my 1870 French army and make it more viable for 1859 - so more casualties, standard bearers with bare poles and a voltigeur command.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

jimduncanuk

Just over 30 hours till I(we) start the drive south to attend Vapnartak in York.

It's started snowing (heavily for here).
My Ego forbids a signature.

Leon

There's a light covering here but it's supposed to be gone by Saturday evening.  We're going to setup tomorrow so we'll put a picture on Facebook if there's any snow to be found.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Jim Ando

Hi
Im not on face book so could anyone tell me if vapnartak is still going ahead tomorrow. Im travelling from washington ( no not that one) to york and would hate to get there and its off.

Jim.

Leon

Quote from: Jim Ando on 02 February 2019, 10:11:04 AM
Im not on face book so could anyone tell me if vapnartak is still going ahead tomorrow. Im travelling from washington ( no not that one) to york and would hate to get there and its off.

It's completely fine Jim, nothing to worry about.  The snow was only a light dusting really so there's a bit in the fields as you drive down but the roads are completely clear.

jimduncanuk

My Ego forbids a signature.

FierceKitty

Quote from: Techno on 26 January 2019, 03:29:18 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D  ;)

Can you cross a stream ?
Or was it....." Can you pass water ?"...Can't remember.  :P

Cheers - The Bursar........(Undead....Undead !) ;)

Can Herakleitos turn undead with a raised hand?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.