A New Challenge

Started by Orcs, 14 January 2019, 09:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

As many of you know there is a certain amount of banter and P*ss taking between the two of us, and now he has managed to get his   "Can you see how this went wrong?" threads locked. 

This is something I have never achieved despite many "near the mark comments", Sending Techno a complete first aid kit ( that probably needs topping up by now  :d ) and some very rude jokes.  I once had to get Leon to delete a thread after I copied a page of jokes without reading all of them. (some  were beyond the pale even by my very non PC standards)

So now I have a new challenge. Getting a thread locked without being banned (permanently) from the forum!!   :)

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fred.

I think asking nicely is cheating?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Orcs

Quote from: fred. on 14 January 2019, 10:12:05 PM

Oh I am not going to cheat, I am going to think of a suitable controversial thread and post it.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Last Hussar

Only Orcs could challenge someone to a contest he's already lost. Thread locked. I'm still here.

I win.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

Quote from: fred. on 14 January 2019, 10:12:05 PM

This is the only way he will never cheat then.

GNU PTerry

Orcs

15 January 2019, 04:00:18 AM #5 Last Edit: 15 January 2019, 05:35:16 AM by Orcs
Quote from: Last Hussar on 15 January 2019, 01:36:21 AM
Only Orcs could challenge someone to a contest he's already lost. Thread locked. I'm still here.

I win.

You have had a thread locked , so by default I want one as well. So my challenge is to get a thread locked, not to beat you to it

sunjester

I sometimes worry what it says about me when I have to admit to personally knowing both these people! :- :P

Orcs

Quote from: sunjester on 15 January 2019, 07:55:30 AM
I sometimes worry what it says about me when I have to admit to personally knowing both these people! :- :P

LH and I  worry about what it says about us  having to admit to knowing you as well  :)

Ithoriel

Quote from: Orcs on 15 January 2019, 12:07:24 AM
Oh I am not going to cheat, I am going to think of a suitable controversial thread and post it.

A post on the finer points of crochet or a critique of the works of Menella Bute Smedley would likely get closed down pretty quickly :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leman

Crochet sounds a lot like crotchet, which I assume is a small crotch, somewhat dissimilar to Blackadder's Black Russian.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Raider4

Quote from: Orcs on 15 January 2019, 04:00:18 AM
You have had a thread locked , so by default I want one as well. So my challenge is to get a thread locked, not to beat you to it

Mention:

• Behaviour on other forums, especially American ones (although this one has been done recently, so it may seem like you're just being a copy-cat)
  • How anybody that's interested in playing fantasy is obviously a pre-pubescent adolescent
  • Brexit

Last Hussar

Quote from: Orcs on 15 January 2019, 11:40:59 AM
LH and I  worry about what it says about us  having to admit to knowing you as well  :)

No, just knowing you.

GNU PTerry

Leman

Oy! 'ang on! Fantasy bashing is my bag. Go and find your own bit of Non-wargaming to be rude about.

Orcs

Quote from: Leman on 15 January 2019, 09:45:56 PM
Oy! 'ang on! Fantasy bashing is my bag. Go and find your own bit of Non-wargaming to be rude about.

We know you only bash fantasy because you would like to be young enough to remember your pre-pubescent adolescent days, when now that are lost in the mists of time.  :D

Leman

No they are not. My pre-pubescent wargaming days involved the ACW, WWI, WWII, cavalry and Indians and the Wars of the Roses. Faeries and sprites were for girls.