Italian Coastal defenders - Sicily 1943

Started by xccam, 13 January 2019, 09:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xccam

I wanted to do a platoon of from the Italian Coastal Regiments charged with the defence of Sicily in 1943 after I saw this image of really nice light blue fatigues.

The Platoon + Breda MMG and AB41 armoured car

Painted them a bit more blue than in reality to make them stand out better at tabletop distance, but maybe went slightly too far - they look reasonably good.

Close up of the AB41

I put together an antiparatrooper truck from the Nuclei antiparacadutisti units using a British naval 20mm mounted on the back of a French truck some crew (2 Italian officers and 1 German 20mm crewman sat on the side) along with a 3 person Breda LMG team which I'm overall pretty happy with.

White balance came out a bit wrong due to the artificial light in this image - the uniforms should look a bit more blue - like in the rest of the platoon.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

Ben Waterhouse

Lovely, got a soft spot for the eyeties, my father in law fought them in the last Great Disterbance, and was always fond of Italians.
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Ithoriel

Those look great. Always nice to see something out of the ordinary being modelled.

Particularly like the AA (or should that be AP?) truck
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

lowlylowlycook

Techno

Techno

Just as a matter of interest chaps.

What colour do you see the uniform, at the top of the thread ?

I know we all see colours slightly differently......But to my sad old eyes, that looks more of a light/faded khaki, than any shade of blue.

Cheers - Puzzled of Wales.

T13A

Hi Techno

Light grey with just a twinge of light blue to me.

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Techno

Thanks, Paul  :)......But I genuinely can't see any hint of blue in the top piccy.

Like I said earlier....I know we all see 'colours' slightly differently. (And, of course, it depends on what each of our  PC's/phones/tablets/whatevers is set up to reproduce on screen.)

The number of times when Mrs T (Von) and I have disagreed on what colour something is.  ;D

Cheers - Phil :)

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Great work 8). The image looks more like a stone grey to me, but I too painted a Battalion in blue grey to make them stand out more.