What new periods would you like try in 10mm?

Started by Sunray, 13 January 2019, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Quote from: sultanbev on 16 January 2019, 09:38:52 AM
The longest war of that time was the 1780-1821 war in the middle east, with Brits, EIC, Omanis, Iraqis, Syrians, Yemenis, Turks and Egyptians all fighting the Saudis, (Wahhabis of the Nejd and Qawasimi pirates as they were called then). If it wasn't for Napoleon stomping all over Europe, Wellington would have earned his fame in the Persian Gulf.

Mark
The more things change the more they stay the same.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Zippee

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 16 January 2019, 07:55:09 AM
Am I alone in finding "Revolutionary War" ambiguous?

It seems to be commonly used in the context of 1792, guillotines, sans-culottes etc.

My initial reaction is always 1776, Washington crossing the Deleware, Riflemen with squirrel hats in their log cabins etc.

Sorry no that's the American War of Independence [AWI]

more divided by common language/nomenclature stuff I guess

Dr Dave

Since the question was what NEW PERIODS (not what's missing from existing ranges) I'd like: Arab Israeli war of 1973 - Yom Kippur. Everything before is too one sided. Syrians on the Golan is the closest anyone ever got to invading Israel proper.

Is it me - or are some of the new period ideas more skirmish type games - might those look better in a larger scale - can I mention that 2 and 8 total 10 mm, but when placed side by side they say "28" mm?   :P

Sunray

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021