Labyrinth board game

Started by Kiwidave, 12 January 2019, 09:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwidave

At home, we have a board game called Labyrinth (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1219/labyrinth), and good fun to play (no dice to ruin your day!)

Ove the Christmas break I decided to tart up the figures as a nice break from (not) painting my 28mm late Republic Romans.

Before:

After:

I was going to put a coat of matt varnish on, but decided that the gloss looks better :)

This was fun, although the blue sorceress/princess was the hardest, as she has weird eyes, and it took 4 attempts to try to get them looking right. Still not happy with them. but as they are just playing pieces, I'll have to live with it.

KD

mmcv

They look excellent, I have that board game myself, tempted to do the same now!

lowlylowlycook

Those looks amazing.  Hard to believe you didn't have some resin master to paint in stead of the plastics.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Really well done. Like the effect.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

I'd say that as pieces for a boardgame they go through the ceiling!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Last Hussar

Not fair - the copy I got for the kids when they were young only had pawns!

I did do this with Cluedo though. Col. Mustard was the only one I couldn't paint 'his' colour. I did use greys as well on Mrs White.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Kiwidave

Thanks guys  :)

LH - it would be nice to see the Cluedo figures, if possible.

toxicpixie

They're ace! We've the same game and the figure quality... well, I wouldn't have thought it worth bothered with the brush; you've proved me very wrong there!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

FierceKitty

Mmmm...Diplomacy with appropriate pieces could look the business....

Kiwidave

Does Diplomacy have counters? I've only ever played it once, and was about 10 years ago, so don't remember

FierceKitty

Little plastic stars or anchors were in my set. Superb game if you can assemble seven players who have read the rules.

Steve J

fred.

Those have come out lovely, great work. There is often a surprising amount of detail in plastic board game figures, that is hidden by the mono-chrome shiny plastic that they come in.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Techno

Damn fine work, Dave !!  :-bd

I totally agree with Forbes !

(One day.....never....I want to paint up all the Plastic Talisman figures.)

Cheers - Phil