Hearts of Oak (well MDF...)

Started by Last Hussar, 09 January 2019, 08:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

What I worked out is put the squares on the table, then put PVA onto a 'pallet' (a old pre laser base in my case) and put the upsidedown horse man onto the glue, then pick the square up with the now glued head. Because I lined it up litre readjustment was needed pushing with tweezers.

I cut the paper until I got a strip the right width, then I used the nail clippers to cut squares, which are easy to judge by eye. Occasionally I had to clip it a little shorter.

I usually do remember to edge flags, but with these ones I was concentrating of colouring the paper on the ones that hadn't lined up properly, because they are so small, making folding difficult. They will be the ones without an edge. The ones that I folded accurately didn't need the exposed bit colouring in, so I forget the edge.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

All I need to do now is the skirmishers for the Grenze/Freewilliger Bns. 48 (2x24) to be done

Problem is the coat is brown, the backpack is brown, the musket is brown, also the pack on the skirmish ones is a bit odd- the skirmishers are firing, which means for these flatish figures the pack is at an angle to the plane, so on the figure it tends to wrap round back and left side, giving a boxy appearance to the blokes shoulders/back.  It really is the only downside of these figures.

I'm going to use a acrylic paint for the musket stock, not sure what to do about the pack, as I'm not sure I have enough different browns.

GNU PTerry

toxicpixie

Can you paint the brown for one piece and leave the other in the bare MDF? At game table length would that work... ?
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

paulr

Quote from: Last Hussar on 24 April 2020, 11:19:18 AM
I'm going to use a acrylic paint for the musket stock, not sure what to do about the pack, as I'm not sure I have enough different browns.

I've only got 19 different brown model paints, plus 6 different brown test pots for basing/terrain
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Last Hussar

Quote from: toxicpixie on 24 April 2020, 12:06:14 PM
Can you paint the brown for one piece and leave the other in the bare MDF? At game table length would that work... ?

No, they're undercoated.

GNU PTerry

toxicpixie

Durn.

Two colours of brown pen, then?!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Last Hussar

;D
I've found a different brown pen... But its the same shade  :'(
I have found I have 3 pots of brown paint - going to give them a go.

GNU PTerry

toxicpixie

Life conspires to thwart you!

Paint?! On miniatures?! The horror!

Last Hussar

Orcs will tell you that paint is corrosive, so he leaves his figures unsullied.

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

25 April 2020, 01:08:30 PM #219 Last Edit: 25 April 2020, 01:10:27 PM by Last Hussar
IV ArmeeKorps, Aspen Essling May 1809
IV Armeekorps May 1809 by Last Hussar, on Flickr

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

GNU PTerry

Orcs

Quote from: Last Hussar on 25 April 2020, 01:06:29 PM
Orcs will tell you that paint is corrosive, so he leaves his figures unsullied.

No that is  my painting mountain range.  I have several thousands of painted figures.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Last Hussar

Trial Battle of Fields of Glory. 64 and 96 figure units looking good.

15878285373371904756138430855916 by Last Hussar, on Flickr

GNU PTerry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner