Hearts of Oak (well MDF...)

Started by Last Hussar, 09 January 2019, 08:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

toxicpixie

Nice :)

I do like the toy soldier look you have with those bases, makes me think of Britain's and HG Wells etc!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Last Hussar

Cheers. I don't think the general flatness can be counteracted by trying to hide it, so make it a feature, not a bug.

Once you get past that I think they figures (not my painting) look really good in a Billard table way.

I think I have massively over ordered though! However at the prices it isn't end of the world.

A bit of an experiment. A Pendraken. 2x1 base, spare gun wheels and limber. Sides are punch out slot waste from TT Combat scenery

15867251942123043462906986439384 by Last Hussar, on Flickr

GNU PTerry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Looking good !

Cheers - Phil  :)

Last Hussar

Last of the core line regiments done.

All that is left for base army is light/Hager in bnoth closed and skirmish, and grenz skirmish bases, and 3 or 4 "office attachment" bases, and 6-8 AdCs

Done so far
Corp commander
4 x Division Commander
6 German infantry (+1 from different corps) (all line 6 bases each of 16 figures)
2 Hungarian
2 Grenades
8 bases artillery

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

Quote from: Last Hussar on 13 April 2020, 10:02:14 PM
Last of the core line regiments done.

All that is left for base army is light/jager in both closed and skirmish, and grenz skirmish bases, and 3 or 4 "office attachment" bases, and 6-8 AdCs
And a conversion into Uhlans

Done so far
Corp commander
4 x Division Commander
6 German infantry (+1 from different corps) (all line 6 bases each of 16 figures)
2 Hungarian
2 Grenades
8 bases artillery

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

No idea how I quoted myself!

Brigadier attachments.

1586877955314429682536 by Last Hussar, on Flickr

GNU PTerry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You're getting rather attached to these.
Great work

Last Hussar

Found out my grey spray paint (citadel "standard') is dark grey. Jaegers on hold u too I get a lighter grey.

Have to be the Uhlans then.

Walt, if you're reading, which did you say to sub in by clipping of the plume and gluing a black paper diamond to make the czapka? Trouble finding the email.

GNU PTerry

toxicpixie

Oo, do tell, I might need a few Uhlans!

Good stuff btw :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Last Hussar

So, not having the light enough spray grey I went back to the decals on tiles. There is a knack, but once you've got it its relatively easy to do, and the annoying fold-over is rescueable if it happens. I've done about 47 on 2x1cm tiles, plus about 12 unit names on 4x1s.

Part of the trick is once I've put a couple in the low dish I use (which is also used as a spoon rest when cooking) rub the 2 painted tiles together to sand each with the rough paint on the other.

Lockdown is helping here. Its not just the extra time I have. To allow us to spread about in the office I'm on 3 days one week, the 2 next - its the being rested and bored. I put on a film or comedy, and can take little breaks. Usually I'm busy or tired in the week, and out hiking on a Saturday.

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

Just a reminder for me, as I'm having trouble remembering, and my tablet doesn't like this email she. I try and find it.

QuoteThe lancers and hussars are best matched with Light dragoons in shako with cloth shebraque (then off with the pom pom and a small square of paper on top of the shako gives the Czapka and a pin for a lance - for the Uhlans)

GNU PTerry