Hearts of Oak (well MDF...)

Started by Last Hussar, 09 January 2019, 08:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

1st unit of Hungarians completed Sunday afternoon. Was trying to see if I could do a unit in a day (Saturday to be precise) but couldn't be bothered to concentrate that long. Its perfectly possible, only takes a few hours, but I couldn't be bothered.

Also did the CinC and 3 sub commands Sunday night.

Pics to follow tomorrow (well, later today to be precise)
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

hammurabi70

Quote from: grahambeyrout on 27 February 2019, 08:20:50 PM
The mdf figures are not for me, but I do so like the look. Very old school, and simple - I would use them in a landscape of children's wooden building bricks, lollipop trees and rectangular hills, all the time thinking of H G Wells and Little Wars

Yes; I was very impressed in seeing them at CAVALIER a couple of years ago and nearly bought some but then I thought they were a bit 'wooden' and that I would prefer 'proper' 6mm from Baccus or H&R.  I will be interested to see how matters proceed when the battlefield is reached.

toxicpixie

I've a load for Nappies and ACW - tbh at arms length/game's table you can't tell the difference for most!

Skirmisher types are a bit more awkward, so I've salted a fair number of Adler across the bases ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Last Hussar

Generals
IMG-20200330-WA0001 by Last Hussar, on Flickr

Hungarians

1585780592315747111558480509273 by Last Hussar, on Flickr
(With previously posted Hussars)

Another unit, with "attached officer" stand.
IMG-20200401-WA0003 by Last Hussar, on Flickr

In Fields of Glory you can replace a stand with an attached officer. It represents a particularly good commander at regimental level, or if there are more senior officers than normal leading. I'm converting an historical list. Where a brigade equals 1 unit I'm not adding, but where the regiments that make up the bde are each big enough to be a unit, I'm putting the Bde commander in, as FoG has commanders at Corps and Divisional level.

Unlike the French, where all the uniforms are the same, I have to do some Hungarian and some German for the surrounding infantry.

GNU PTerry

Techno

Looking good !  :)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

paulr

Are you going to paint the edges of the bases green?
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Last Hussar

Need to see what I did with the French

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

Now for something completely a little different

The Carneville Legion. There were 200 infantry and 100 Hussars in Reinhard's brigade just before Aspern-Essling.  I am putting them into the IR#33 Regiment ( the Hungarians on the right) for FoG - this turns it from 1 'Large' (6 bases) unit into 2 'small' (each 4 bases) units - the one with the hussars will count as having a cavalry attachment, which reduces the effectiveness of enemy skirmish fire.

15860234857255688216439529366645 by Last Hussar, on Flickr

However, many of them never made it to the actual battle, having been ambushed the night before by a French raid.

GNU PTerry

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

It's these small odd-ball units that add so much interest to armies :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Last Hussar

Quote from: paulr on 04 April 2020, 07:56:53 PM
:-bd =D> :-bd

It's these small odd-ball units that add so much interest to armies :)

Its not even a full unit! Even with BP its only 1/6th!

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

I'm cutting the barrels off the guns and adding a bit of toothpick instead

Austrian artillery with 3d barrel by Last Hussar, on Flickr

GNU PTerry

Techno