Hearts of Oak (well MDF...)

Started by Last Hussar, 09 January 2019, 08:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

07 July 2019, 08:30:28 PM #105 Last Edit: 07 July 2019, 08:34:45 PM by Last Hussar
More piccies, I laid every thing so far on dining table.

Empress Dragoons by Last Hussar, on Flickr

Right flank by Last Hussar, on Flickr

Skirmish line by Last Hussar, on Flickr

From the Left flank by Last Hussar, on Flickr
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Last Hussar

About 1300.
Another 450ish to go

Then onto buying Austrians. Just waiting for Walt to get back to me about a query.

GNU PTerry

mmcv

toxicpixie

Very tasty! That'll spread some glorious revolutionary thought nicely :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

They look great !  :)

Cheers - Phil

lowlylowlycook

Last Hussar

Last of the Close Order Infantry done. That's 14  units of 6 bases of 16 figures, 12 Ligne, 2 Legere.

Need to paint the remaining 40 skirmishers to make 10 bases.

Then onto the remaining guns.

144 cavalry already done (4x6x6)

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

I've been asking around trying to get the muskets printed. No one has come back to me.

GNU PTerry

Steve J

Those look great en mass, plus the 'old school' look is really rather nice.

Last Hussar

Got the Austrians through about a month ago, but only got round to them last week.

This also included more French gunners, as mine appeared to have deserted. Finished the last of 9 French guns this afternoon, while watching "Fantastic Voyage". The tray has space remaining for 4 stands so that will be skirmishers, 16 figures.

However have first 7 packs of Austrians undercoated. White  :D . these should be a lot quicker than the French because of that.

Also got all the Brunswickers from 1809. I finally have an army I can't be tempted to add to!

Walt's done a fantastic job working out which figures I need, matching ,my demand for grenzers and uhlans up with his catalogue.  I even have lots of tiny eagles to complete the French flagpoles with.

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

As hoped for the German Austrians are really quick to knock out, as I don't have to  do the jackets, but there was some minor touching up for figures and places the spray had missed, mostly my nemesis on strips, the sleeves. I did the basics on 5 units (each 12 strips of 8 men).

Faces, blankets, back of head, pack done. The black bits- boots and helmet taking longer because of having to do the sides. Did one unit between Christmas and new year in fits and starts, but if I sit down tomorrow should have a total of 6 units  ready for basing.

GNU PTerry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Last Hussar

Not quite as far as hoped. Need to put the pen line between legs, also Austrians need arms delineating because all white.

Also the helmet plaque and brush need doing.

Still damn quick.

GNU PTerry