Hearts of Oak (well MDF...)

Started by Last Hussar, 09 January 2019, 08:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grahambeyrout

The mdf figures are not for me, but I do so like the look. Very old school, and simple - I would use them in a landscape of children's wooden building bricks, lollipop trees and rectangular hills, all the time thinking of H G Wells and Little Wars

Last Hussar

Painted a couple of regiments of horses 1 hussars, 1 chasseur a cheval. Because of the colour of the wood I'm not undercoating with spray; I'm using a white paint pen to do just the rider and shabraque. Its quick to bring them into colour once that is done. Monday I did 36 horse unit of chasseur in an evening. Final regiment of chasseur to be done, then undercoat infantry at the weekend. The foot feel quicker to do, but as a unit is 96 probably the same time spent per unit.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

Cavalry finished, but weather stopped undercoat spray. Will do generals instead, as I will paint pen them.

GNU PTerry

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Last Hussar

I don't think I've ever painted 72 horse in a week, let alone in 1 and a bit nights  x 2

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

All horse painted, all generals and ADC (to show command points) done, along with most  'attached officer' bases.  Need to get some photos.

Saturday was calm enough to undercoat 60 strips of infantry. Almost finished first 12=1battalion.

GNU PTerry

toxicpixie

Nice, you're GALLOPING ALONG with those, ahahaha!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Last Hussar

Is there a way to remove strips of MDF soldiers from  MDF bases?:-) asking for an idiot who realised there's a better way to layout the figures.

GNU PTerry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Soak in a warm pva and water mix
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Dampen them up as suggested then run a craft knife carefully under the figure "base". Done carefully you should get them off...

Leman

Saw the little chaps on the commission Figures stand at Phalanx and they really looked good. The Romans were very impressive.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Last Hussar

Unfortunately these ones have been painted by me.

Battalion 10 almost finished. Turns out I can paint 96 in an innings if I didn't take breaks.

Two problems.
I took breaks
England collapse means the radio is off and therefore painting has stopped.

GNU PTerry

toxicpixie

In hoping for more Ancients from Commission, as I've kind of enough Nappies and ACW figures. So I need more stuff to add to the pile :D

Last Hussar, you need something else to relax with. The England Women's Football Team are apparently very good and don't seem afflicted by our sportsmen's ability to stumble over imaginary deceased invisible turtles at the moment of glory ;)

Last Hussar

I usually listen to BBC comedy, but I'm running out of stuff I want to listen to. However someone has put complete episodes of Yes Minister on YouTube, and apart from Paul Eddington's reaction shots (scripts often said Nothing more than "Paul reacts" because of how good these were) its non visual friendly.

GNU PTerry

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

The first series pops up on 4Extra from time to time, rest dont seem to have been adapted for radio....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021