Hearts of Oak (well MDF...)

Started by Last Hussar, 09 January 2019, 08:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman

My taxes, my taxes!!! - Oh, hang on though, schools are great places for photocopying and laminating. :-[
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

Useful skill transfer into the work environment ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Last Hussar

Almost finished the three test packs. The edges of the gunners will need properly doing once clipped apart; the line will have to take their chances, but  because the crew be around their pieces their edges will be seen. Not clipping until ready to base, and I'm in Leon and the Royal mail's hands on that.

Had trouble getting wheels to stick. After I've done all four I wondered about gluing a thin wire Axel on the underside, and going with my idea of drilling the hubs.

The re are 2 lengths of barrel, the shorter barely clears the carriage. Any oine know what it is meant to represent?
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

I agree. Issued by the British at one per battery, though Bull's Battery at Waterloo were all howitzers.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

Indeed, howitzers IIRC Walt's comment before correctly.

Odd on the gluing - I just superglued the wheels on and was done?!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Last Hussar

My glue must be a bit dodgy. Took time to set

GNU PTerry

toxicpixie

To be fair smooth to smooth no lugs is always tricky and I've various stuff that probably would fall apart before it set unless I clamped it :D Assuming the glue came out the tube at all ;)

Ithoriel

A light sprinkle of Bicarb of Soda or Baking Powder will almost insta-set superglue. Very useful for fiddly joins ... and for gluing bits to your fingers if not used carefully :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Last Hussar

The water-slide decal paper has arrived for making the label tiles.  Waiting for the tiles (bases) to arrive to do a test run with plain paper prints before I commit ink to that.

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

So a box full of bases and movement trays has arrived. When Leon emailed me to say it was on its way I told him off as it was quarter to midnight, and he should be having some time to himself/family.

All packaged so well it looked like a standard kit, rather than a mix, some bespoke!

1 tile painted to check the decal will show up against that shade of green.

What's best to glue frames to bases, PVA or super glue?

GNU PTerry

Leon

Quote from: Last Hussar on 04 February 2019, 11:45:37 PM
What's best to glue frames to bases, PVA or super glue?

Good to hear that it arrived safely, PVA will be fine and strong enough!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Last Hussar

Lots of little wooden froggies have arrived today. Luckily the package  with two MDF storage trays was undamaged by the Hermes person ramming it through the letter box.

Have glued a few more Movement trays, but not doing much tonight, as the kids wanted to go bowling this afternoon - found out why afternoon not evening; unlimited games for a tenner per person.  Played 7 games. Legs are knackered.

GNU PTerry

toxicpixie

Good job you can sit down whilst gluing MDF ;)

Hermes at least tried to force the package through the "right way round" then!