Pendraken acquires Castle Arts 10mm Japanese buildings!

Started by Leon, 07 January 2019, 11:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

I like the observation about the big three: Bach's music lets you know how it feels to be the universe; Mozart's music lets you know how it feels to be human; Beethoven's music lets you know how it feels to be Beethoven.

And Verdi's music lets you know how it feels to be bored.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

And Vivaldi's lets you know how it feels to have two sister's at your beck and call (not his own, I hasten to add)  :d :d :d
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

kabrank

Hi Leon

Any idea on the terrain item pricing as balancing various projects and trying to see which most viable this year

Leon

Quote from: kabrank on 17 January 2019, 08:14:31 AM
Any idea on the terrain item pricing as balancing various projects and trying to see which most viable this year

We'll be trying to stick to the Castle Arts pricing as best we can but I won't know for certain until we get the production costs back from John.  I'd imagine the smaller village houses and similar will be £4-£5, same as our Russian and ACW houses.  The large temples are a bit of an unknown until I talk to John though.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Redstef

Sculpts to cover the later Sengoku Jidai and I'm definitely in. I have a medium sized 15mm PP collection but not large enough to not abandon them in favour of 10s
"From each according to ability, to each according to need" Karl Marx.............I really need those figures

2015 Painting Competition - People's Choice!
2016 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 4 x Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner, 1 x Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: Redstef on 19 January 2019, 09:41:29 AM
Sculpts to cover the later Sengoku Jidai and I'm definitely in. I have a medium sized 15mm PP collection but not large enough to not abandon them in favour of 10s

Have you got some pics of those and we can look at adding them to the sculpt list?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: Leon on 19 January 2019, 07:43:14 PM
Have you got some pics of those and we can look at adding them to the sculpt list?

Hi Leon

This page will probably help - https://balagan.info/15mm-wargaming-figures-to-use-for-samurai-armies-of-the-sengoku-period-1467-1603

It looks like Old Glory and Peter Pig are the most relevant ranges in 15mm.

Basically you're looking at sashimono on anything that moves and helmets for ashigaru. Less cavalry and bows.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Redstef

The Daimyo were more powerful towards the end of the period so tended to have a larger and better equipped standing force instead of lighter armoured peasants from the fields, although they were still utilised. Ashigaru with fuller armour would be needed.
Samurai armour had changed to a more practical style than the early type large shoulder guards. Mainly Yari armed, open handed would be my choice ( could dispense altogether with primary armed with Katanna ), with a few Naginata, No-Dachi or firearms.
Ashigaru with Teppo, Yumi and Yari.
Sashimono could be separate casts which will give you the opportunity to offer some of the more unusual styles. 
A small amount of Cav, Generals, Maku screen and banner bearers ( again open handed for potential different styles of banners) should be a fairly comprehensive range.
I'll try and take some pics of my 15mm this week
"From each according to ability, to each according to need" Karl Marx.............I really need those figures

FierceKitty

And bear in mind that the spears were often pikes, despite characteristic WRG "in the event of a discrepancy, reality, history, archaeology, and artistic records are at fault" attitudes.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

Open handed is a deal breaker for me. Life's too short to glue on and re-glue weapons on scores of figures.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

sultanbev

There is no way I'd be gluing on weapons on 10mm figures - it's bad enough in 15mm and something we are changing in the 15mm Lurkio range of ancients, switching them to single-piece castings.

Mark

Redstef

Paper

I'm a crazy person who wants to play Test of Honor a skirmish game with 10MM.

if your making lists of units to produce please check out the range of options in Test of honor

https://us-store.warlordgames.com/collections/test-of-honour/

They are working on a 2.0 Version of the game that will be sold without miniatures packed in.

Techno

And you look like an advert.

Sod Off !!

Paper

almost all of those products are out of stock because warlord is no longer publishing the game. so pretty terrible advert.