ME9 Imperial MGs remodelled?

Started by Martin1914, 03 June 2018, 05:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin1914

Hi Pendraken

I recently received (very quickly as always) two packs of ME9 (unpainted figs below) and having seen examples posted on the forum (painted example previously posted by Paulr), to my eye they don't appear to be the same figures. The painted figures have backpacks, haversacks, a defined puggaree and the Vickers jacket is ribbed. I am wondering whether ME9 has been remodelled or these might be different figure codes?

If ME9 should be as per the painted example, no worries I will order some more. The ones recently received will then be come Asia Korps machine gunners.

Hope you are able to id the figs for me.

Many thanks
Martin
2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

paulr

03 June 2018, 07:53:29 PM #1 Last Edit: 03 June 2018, 07:58:20 PM by paulr
I've just checked my order and painting notes and those painted figures are ME9

The puggaree was painted a different colour and a wash helped bring out the ribs on the Vickers jacket :-/

It looks as though photobucket has seen sense and is now showing linked photos again :) :) :)
All my older pictures appear to be alive again <:-P

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Apologies for missing this one, drop me an email and we'll work out what's happened here.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Martin1914

Hello Leon
Thank you for the offer to sort. The Pendraken customer service we appreciate.
Unsure of the remodelling I decided to do some head swaps on some KAR machine gunners to get the look I wanted for my MGC. I'm pleased with them and they got their baptism of fire recently at Umbrella Hill. I don't know the code of the unpainted MGs shown in the first post, but they won't be wasted. I think they are ideal for Asia Korps MGs. Win-win!

Thanks anyway.

Regards
Mart
2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!