ACW Railways

Started by parkerm17, 20 March 2019, 10:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkerm17

Perhaps a lone voice crying in the wilderness, but is there any chance of a locomotive, tender and perhaps a freight car or carriage for this, the first real railway war?   I have searched everywhere and cannot find any manufacturer that covers this period and scale.   It would not be a big addition to the range, but a very welcome one.

FierceKitty

An attractive idea, but I suspect it would work out pricey.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

AND you'd have to model Buster Keaton.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

ceportugues

Hi, you can find on eBay the 1/160 The General Locomotivefrom Del Prado, wagons and coaches you can search Bachman 1/160 Oldtimers.
Please get a look in Train and Plane dioramas and at my instagram account grandpa_carlos_world_of_trains
Regards from Portugal
Carlos

John Cook

Quote from: parkerm17 on 20 March 2019, 10:42:00 AM
Perhaps a lone voice crying in the wilderness, but is there any chance of a locomotive, tender and perhaps a freight car or carriage for this, the first real railway war?   I have searched everywhere and cannot find any manufacturer that covers this period and scale.   It would not be a big addition to the range, but a very welcome one.

Pendraken certainly used to do one - I have it.  A loco, tender and passenger car.  I can't see it listed but ask Leon.

Leon

We've got a Boer War train and armoured carriages but it's not the best quality model and could do with updating really.  The trouble is the design costs on large pieces like trains and usually too much to make it viable unfortunately.  The best bet is as Carlos mentions, there's a ton of N-Gauge stuff on eBay and other sites that would work fine with 10mm figures.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

ceportugues

For those enthusiastic here are the decals for this period

Microscale Decals

N Scale - United States Military Railroads Steam Locomotives - Eastern Lines (1861-1865) - 60-1170
N Scale - United States Military Railroads Freight and Passenger Cars (1861-1865) - 60-1172
N scale - Western & Atlantic Railroad Steam Locomotives, 1860-1866 - 60-1173
N scale - Western & Atlantic Railroad Freight and Passenger Cars, 1860-1866 - 60-1174

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: ceportugues on 20 March 2019, 11:43:43 AM
Hi, you can find on eBay the 1/160 The General Locomotivefrom Del Prado, wagons and coaches you can search Bachman 1/160 Oldtimers.
Please get a look in Train and Plane dioramas and at my instagram account grandpa_carlos_world_of_trains
Regards from Portugal
Carlos

Hello Parkerm17

Not sure of where you reside but here's one (10 quid) in the UK - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Del-Prado-Locomotives-Of-The-World-No9-American-Standard-The-General-USA-1-160/233171617656?hash=item364a1c8778:g:D6QAAOSwo~dcaDkX&frceupt=true

parkerm17

Thanks guys: the del Prado looks to be the best bet and the nearest to what I want but I don't see any carriages.

John Cook

Quote from: parkerm17 on 22 March 2019, 09:17:48 AM
Thanks guys: the del Prado looks to be the best bet and the nearest to what I want but I don't see any carriages.

Bachmann used to do an ACW/Wild West period N gauge set – loco, rolling stock and track – called The Frontiersman.  I bought one years ago and sometimes run it during ACW games – yes I know.  The del Prado and Pendraken's static ACW models sit on Bachmann N gauge track perfectly.

The Frontiersman set doesn't seem to be available now but you may see a used one if you look on ebay.  You can certainly still buy the loco and rolling stock separately, or ones very like it.  The N gauge railway scene is certainly the place to look.  

Anyway if you look here, and similar places, you will find Bachmann carriages, box cars and caboose sold separately and about a third of the price new.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Bachmann-N-Gauge-Model-Railways-and-Trains/19119/bn_1624210

Shedman

I bought several packs of engines and carriages from Asda a while back

the  models are made by Soma Intl ltd

There are always a few on ebay soma die cast train

I use this one for the Russo-Japanese War