SYW Hungarian Infantry

Started by vonplutz, 24 February 2019, 05:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vonplutz

I quite like the SYW ranges but am curious if there is sculpted on difference between the Hungarian and German infantrymen in the Austrian range? If so what is it?

Steve J

Welcome on board first and foremost. The main difference is that the Hungarian infantry have the longer tight fitting leggings than the German units. Also the hats might be slightly different, but can't be sure. Hope this helps?

Techno

Sorry...Can't help with your question 'VP'.....But I'll add my welcome to the forum. :-h

Cheers - Phil

GrumpyOldMan

Hello

Found some painted pictures on a blog - http://warrenswargamerantings.blogspot.com/2016/09/austrian-infantry.html

Picture larger on the blog.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

vonplutz

Thank you everyone!

@GrumpyOldMan, those pictures really help. Looks like there are some sculpted differences.

Leman

The Hungarian infantry of the SYW wore a different coat and waistcoat to the "German" infantry. Rather than lapels the Hungarian coats had hussar style braids. Similarly, unlike the white waistcoats of the "Germans", the Hungarians had coloured waistcoats with braiding. However the biggest difference was leg wear: coloured (same as waistcoat) tight pants with short boots rather than gaiters. All Hungarian infantry (other than the grenadiers) wore the tricorn, the grenadiers wearing the same headgear as "German" grenadiers. It was the Grenzer light infantry who wore completely different headgear.

Second base from the left are Hungarian grenadiers from a regiment wearing red waistcoat and trousers with green braiding. Slightly more colourful than the other three which are "German" grenadiers.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!