What was the last rules set you played 2019

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 01 January 2019, 08:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

fred.

Looks really good, well done. You must be pleased after the amount of work it has taken.

Looks like a real slog of a battle with all the terrain.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

jambo1

Now that is one seriously great looking game! :)

paulr

Thanks All :) :-[

Quote from: fred. on 31 March 2019, 08:13:55 AM
Looks really good, well done. You must be pleased after the amount of work it has taken.

Looks like a real slog of a battle with all the terrain.

That's less than half the space and troops and about a third of the hedges for Cheriton ;)

This test included the most congested parts of the table but there aren't many really open spaces in the battle
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

31 March 2019, 09:34:44 AM #124 Last Edit: 31 March 2019, 11:08:49 AM by FierceKitty
1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Ten More Sons!
2) What armies were confronted? - Time of Troubles - Polish invasion of Muscovy
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Errr, sort of....
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - nope
5) How many players were in the game? - 2
6) What went well? - Two big ambushes of boyar cavalry; we overran the royal hussar troop and killed their king in a single round, wiping out the rest of the regiment with him.
7) What could have been improved? - Other hussars caught and broke my royal troop, capturing the Tsar. Two morale checks followed; Poles became shaken, but Russians broke and left the field.

ON THE FIRST DAM' ROUND!

One of the ambushes rolled four (count 'em) 1s in a row and caused no damage to a desperately vulnerable unit of Pancerni Cossacks.
8 ) How's Lee feeling? - Ridiculously smug.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

One more picture; the Dvorani not yet deployed to fight.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

Great report, Paul. Looking forward to "the big one."  :-bd   

(sorry, the painting diaries just don't float my boat and, although it's a testimony of the tremendous amount of work you've put in, I unfortunately tend to switch off and lose touch of your progress - the photos and battle reports are therefore very much appreciated and are the kind of thing I personally enjoy and admire. Thanks for sharing.)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Westmarcher

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Techno

Quote from: Westmarcher on 31 March 2019, 10:36:41 AM
Outrageous fortune, Kitty!  :D

Certainly was....About time Kitty changed his signature back to what it used to be. ;)

Cheers - Phil.

FierceKitty

31 March 2019, 12:51:47 PM #130 Last Edit: 31 March 2019, 01:30:17 PM by FierceKitty
Hey! I won the previous three games!

Coal-dust covered, leek-eating, longbow-lugging, sheep-shagging, massed-male-voice-choir-singing Cambrian twerp!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

FK, I must object in the strongest possible terms to that language you used to insult Techno...
He is CAMBRIAN not CUMBRIAN.
CAMBRIAN is Welsh, CUMBRIAN is Westmoreland, Cumberland and part of Lancashire.

It's also MALE voice choirs.
Although, he is probably pre-cambrian given his vintage...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Corrigenda duly and gratefully noted. I was trembling too much with PTSD to attend to details as well as it behoved me to.

d_Guy

Looking really good, Paul! You seem to be ready for your up-coming show.  :-bd
Hadn't really looked at Cheriton in detail, now see your need to keep making hedges!
I like that you have added brigade labels, really good idea.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Steve J

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - The Portable Wargame
2) What armies were confronted? - Nominally 1860's Prussians vs Austrians
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Pretty much
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - No
5) How many players were in the game? - 2
6) What went well? - Dave picked up the game pretty quickly and we had a nice game.
7) What could have been improved? - Close combat still rather too drawn out and I forgot a few things due to coming down with a heavy cold (that's my excuse!).

Next up some Spanish Civil War action with BKCII or IV depending upon when I recieve them.