Duke Speedy of Leighton

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? -
2) What armies were confronted? -
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? -
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? -
5) How many players were in the game? -
6) What went well? -
7) What could have been improved? -
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - King of Tokyo
2) What armies were confronted? - Megazilla, Mekazilla, Cybercat
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - yes
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - for Mrs Lemmey and Lemmey the smallest, yes.
5) How many players were in the game? - 3
6) What went well? - all of it.
7) What could have been improved? - a table cloth, the dice are LOUD! ;)

Rach, our 6 year-old, won! We only played to 10 Victory points, but it was fun.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Well done that man =D> =D> =D>

Was Lemmy the smallest Cybercat, or am I stereotyping :-\
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

1) What ruleset did you use in your last game? - Flames of War V2 :-[
2) What armies were confronted? B Company, 2nd Battalion, East Yorkshire v 5/125 Panzergrenadierregiment, June 1944
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - mainly, only play it when my son is in town, so quite rusty
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - No :-[
5) How many players were in the game? - 2
6) What went well? -  not much it was a narrow win to the British commanded by the grandson of a member of the unit
7) What could have been improved? - using a better rule set  ;)y

Leman

Off to a swift start there chaps. Get my first 2019 workout tomorrow with a 10mm Maurice SYW game.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Fast Play Fleets - Star Trek
2) What armies were confronted? - United Federation of Planets v Klingon Empire
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - yes
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - no, but have not played them for a couple of years
5) How many players were in the game? - 2
6) What went well? - the Klingon massed tactics
7) What could have been improved? - the range of Klingon weapons, ending up just out of your torpedo range while inside the enemies is not good

Another game I occasionally play with my son when he is in town
The author sums up the rules as Crash Bang Wallop ... Zoom

Smoking gun

Game played on 1 January 2019.

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? Whipping Bobby Lee.
2) What armies were confronted? Federal & Confederate, Battle for Wilson's Creek.
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? Bit rusty, not played for a few years.
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? No.
5) How many players were in the game? 5 (large table 6 x 12 ft.)
6) What went well? Well designed scenario reflected the complicated nature of this battle.
7) What could have been improved? Nothing really game went well, the Union forces performed better than history.

Martin
Now they've knocked me down and taken it, that still hot and smoking gun.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Black Powder
2) What armies were confronted? - Bavarians vs Saxony 1867/8
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - uttery
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - no
5) How many players were in the game? - three
6) What went well? - The Saxons fought the larger and more aggresive Bavarians to a halt.
7) What could have been improved? - all the generals!

Report to follow!

Dave Fielder

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Warmaster Ancients
2) What armies were confronted? - Imperial Romans v Britons in 10mm Pendraken goodness (there may have been one or two miniatures from other wargames companies, but that is just between me and you)
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Yes, not played for a while but it all came flooding back
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - No, played many times including the Fantasy variant
5) How many players were in the game? - Two
6) What went well? - Two players happy to set up a simple pick up game, not worrying about the points system but simply playing with what was available, keeping the terrain simple. Not filling the table with figures and having room to move troops, elbows, dice and paraphernalia.
7) What could have been improved? - The humans of course! As usual inertia was caused by the Gods of dice hating us.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Maurice
2) What armies were confronted? - No frills Austrian v no frills Prussian
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - bit rusty after 3 years, but soon got back into it.
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - No
5) How many players were in the game? - two, with one observer
6) What went well? - once we got into the game we really started to motor. I had some terrific luck with my artillery, which removed a unit after only two bombardments. I had a slight hiatus when my left centre was harassed by charging grenadiers, but I managed to rout one and see the other one off. It looked like a proper C18th battle, with the cavalry going in on my left flank and seeing off the opposing cavalry, then falling back to regroup before going forward again about forty minutes later.
7) What could have been improved? - it was my opponents first go at these rules, so the only thing that could have been improved was the speed of play and a conclusion to the game. However we did manage to get through the card  deck and into the reshuffled pack in 2 1/2 hours, but it was looking like another couple of hours or so would be needed to finish, we were unable to leave the game up as I was committed to an ACW game this coming Monday, so we packed up.

My opponent loved the uncertainty generated by the card play (years of playing FoG had left him a little jaded). Similarly the observer, also a FoG aficionado, was impressed and would like to have a go, and was even more enthusiastic on discovering I have a Russian army waiting in the wings. Furthermore a fourth member of our group has a very large Pendraken AWI collection so we would also look at playing some games from that conflict using Maurice. The other guys are looking forward to adding in elements of the advanced rules, plus irregulars and then getting into a campaign. All in all a very positive start to 2019.

mmcv

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - To The Strongest!
2) What armies were confronted? - Crusaders and Saracens
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - not overly, still a fair amount of book flipping
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - Second time, though first time playing "properly" rather than just demoing through the book.
5) How many players were in the game? - Solo
6) What went well? - Saracen archery!
7) What could have been improved? - Layout of the rule book, it's very difficult to find the desired information quickly, with the need to read several paragraphs spread across different chapters in the book to work out what to do in a particular situation. Could really benefit from a rules summary or extended quick reference.

Battle report coming soon...

paulr

Leman

Re. TtS - that rulebook has a long way to go to be as full of fluff as both BP1 and BP2!

mmcv

Quote from: Leman on 04 January 2019, 08:58:07 PM
Re. TtS - that rulebook has a long way to go to be as full of fluff as both BP1 and BP2!

Yeah, compared to the likes of BP and especially HC given they cover the same era, there's a fair difference in what you get. I don't mind less fluff if the core rules are tight, just felt they meandered a little. Enjoyable game, but think I'm going to need to do a bit of work to do my own quick reference material and unit info to extend what's provided.