2019 Deaths

Started by Fenton, 01 January 2019, 08:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Techno

Many thanks for your thoughts, All.

Still really stunned. :(

She'd been a tad 'out of sorts' over last weekend, and seemed to have gone off her food, so we took her to the vets on Monday.
Vet gave her a good check, and was fairly certain that the problem was with her was her teeth......Which were the teeth of a very old dog, when she turned up, here....It was impossible to tell with any certainty how old she actually was.

We booked her into the vets to have the offending teeth removed yesterday.

She apparently 'died' for five minutes while she was being 'operated on', and while she was 'still under' they did some blood tests on her, which showed her liver and kidneys were failing .....So sadly the kindest thing to do was have her put to sleep...Although she was awake when we arrived...she wasn't 'really there', at all.

Tried to dig a grave for her last night, and had to give up......the light was fading badly and we were really struggling to get the spades into the ground.
Young friend, up the road will come round with his tractor and dig a hole for us later.

Hey Ho...At least we gave her happy home for a while.....We'll both really miss her. :(

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Just seen this, condolences Phil  :(
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

O Dinas Powys

Hi Phil,

Really sorry to hear your bad news matey  :(

Love and hugs to Von.

All the best,

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Orcs

sorry to hear your sad news Phil.  still you gave her a nice place to end her days at
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

Many thanks to you guys, as well.

Stroll on....It wasn't half raining when our friend Richard came round with his mini digger yesterday morning....We all got a tad wet.

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Obviously a relic of 60s fashion who'd gone manual labourer.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

paulr

Many Maori tribes interpret rain or a storm as an expression of grief at a funeral >:<
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

:)

Seems appropriate, Paul.

I can remember having to bury one of the cats, on one of those rarer occasions, when it was chucking it down with snow, while there was a thunderstorm raging....It was really spectacular !

(The lightning was far enough  away not to have been a real worry.....But the thunderclaps.....WOW !!)

I thought that was a fitting farewell to Dimly..... the daft old git.

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

Four hours to bury a cat?!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Well you don't want to come back from Sorrento to a dead cat - apologies Mister Palin !

ianS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Quote from: FierceKitty on 27 October 2019, 06:30:15 AM
Four hours to bury a cat?!

Well...it wouldn't keep still. ;)

Dimly.....Was the only one of our smaller animals, that I felt had his 'full innings'.

By that, I mean, we didn't have to take the decision to put him down.....and he didn't get killed on the road. (One of the reasons that I don't really want any more cats.)
He was in the kitchen, asleep on a work surface.... had a 'spasm', and suddenly dropped to the floor.

I assume it was a heart attack.....Lights out.....Game over.....A nice way to go, I reckon.

For some reason that didn't hurt anything like as much as many of the other animals we've had, since we've been married.

Cheers - Phil

steve_holmes_11

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi - former leader of IS

This seems like a good time to roll out the vaudeville eulogies.

* His demise might be described as an unfortunate accident, but in fact it was neither.
* His condition is described as satisfactory.
* May his successor enjoy similar success.

Techno

Another Major !!

Congrats on your 500th post, Steve.

Cheers - Phil