2019 Deaths

Started by Fenton, 01 January 2019, 08:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shedman

Quote from: mollinary on 16 February 2019, 08:56:34 PM
An awesome performance, by a truly great actor. Taken too soon. RIP.

What mollinary said

I've watched Downfall several times - it's up there with the best

Techno

Sadly, I've never seen that.
From what you chaps have said, I've been missing out.

Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

Much (ab)used to comment on current issues. My favourite being the Edinburgh Trams version. A subject to raise the blood pressure of any true Edinburgher :)

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

d_Guy

Inevitably there are now parodies of Hitler learning of Mr. Ganz's death (I apologize for the various US political references but they seem balanced across the spectrum)
Sleep with clean hands ...

Techno

Peter Tork, of the Monkees, a couple of days ago.

That took me back....I had the first two Monkee's LPs.....I hadn't discovered what I now like, at that age !

Shame.

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

The Monkees tv show was part of Summer viewing when I was a kid, along with Robinson Crusoe and The Flashing Blade (still one of the best theme songs ever).

jambo1

Quote from: Steve J on 23 February 2019, 05:55:58 PM
The Monkees tv show was part of Summer viewing when I was a kid, along with Robinson Crusoe and The Flashing Blade (still one of the best theme songs ever).

If not the best theme song ever!! :)

petercooman

Just read that Keith Flint, frontman of the prodigy was found dead in his home. 49 old.

Piece of my youth right there!!

Rest in peace and go visit lemmy when you get up there, i think you'll get along!

Steve J

Andre Previn a few days ago :(.

Matt J

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Great shame hame about both of those !! :(

I still remember 'Mr Preview' on the Morcambe and Wise show from decades ago. An almost timeless bit of comedy.

At least Andre Previn had a fair innings (89), unlike Kieth Flint. Forty nine...Good grief !

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

The Morecombe & Wise sketch is a timeless classic; they even played it on Radio 3.

Leman

For an awful moment I thought the author of Honours of War had left us. Nevertheless I do like the Prodigy, so still a great shame.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!