2019 Deaths

Started by Fenton, 01 January 2019, 08:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Quote from: Steve J on 04 March 2019, 01:35:54 PM
The Morecombe & Wise sketch is a timeless classic; they even played it on Radio 3.

I watched it on Youtube at lunchtime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxIO7I_qJA8

Still makes me laugh.  :)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Now Luke Perry of 90210 fame...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

I never saw her without those trademark sunglasses, but always enjoyed the travel show she did. Young once again :(.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The Great Scott Walker  :'(

Steve J

A sad loss as he made some great songs :(.

jambo1

That is a real shame, what a voice he had, really sad news. :(

Techno

A shame !  :(

I have a vague recollection of my dear old Mum taking me to see a recording of a radio show, when I was very young. (Easy Beat ?)
I think it featured the Walker Brothers and the Ivy League, and a couple (?) of other 'artistes'......But it was so long ago, I really can't be positive who was on the show that day.

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Steve J

I know, really shocked and saddened by this as I loved their music :o :(.

jambo1

A shame about Ranking Roger, depressing times. :(

Westmarcher

Shame, indeed. So young (only 56?)! I'm sure it was him and The Beat we saw live in May 2018 at the BBC Biggest Weekend in Scone, Perth - only 3 months before his stroke and diagnosis - remember "Mirror in The Bathroom" was one of the numbers played.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Techno

Great shame.  :(

56 ?....That's far too young.

Cheers - Phil

steve_holmes_11

Very sad, young, and still actively making music.