Red Dawn (not a book - a movie)

Started by Sunray, 30 December 2018, 01:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

Yes, over the holidays we streamed Red Dawn.  The 1980s original (remember watching it on a VHS player- older readers will recall the Video hire shops with VHS on one isle and Beta on the other).

Two images stuck with me: First the Soviet paras floating down into that school yard in Colorado.  The authentic kit, the distinctive jump helmets, the blue berets. Secondly the very real looking replica T-72 and other AVFs.  The film makers used an M8 (M41) chassis to fabricate the Soviet tank.

Soviet paras.   A big and vital part of the WP battle plans. NATO's worse nightmare. Nobody makes them in 10mm .....yet.  :)

Techno

Well.... there's a subtle hint.  ;) ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Aksu

31 December 2018, 08:31:48 AM #2 Last Edit: 31 December 2018, 08:35:41 AM by Aksu
"Starshina, any word on our 10mm reinforcements?" Sandsmodels 20mm soviet paras are wondering...

(From my "Enduring oppression" Afghan-Soviet campaign...)
Cheers,
Aksu

Sunray

OMG ! FSN has found an understudy !

Techno and I just mention the potential figure range, and images appear on screen. 

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

d_Guy

Quote from: Sunray on 31 December 2018, 05:06:00 PM
OMG ! FSN has found an understudy !

Techno and I just mention the potential figure range, and images appear on screen. 

And don't forget Grumpy Old Man whose picture inventory must put Wikipedia to shame.  :)
Sleep with clean hands ...

Techno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 01 January 2019, 10:35:51 AM
Phil - WORK FASTER  ;)

I DID take Christmas day off....But that's all.

Cheers - Phil

bigjackmac

It sounds like a good idea to me ;)

V/R,
Jack

pierre the shy

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Raider4

Quote from: Sunray on 30 December 2018, 01:04:15 PM
Yes, over the holidays we streamed Red Dawn.  The 1980s original

I remember the furore about this when it came out, about how violent it was. Bet it looks really tame now.