Centurion Maintenance?

Started by SV52, 05 October 2017, 01:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulf

I just remembered, a friend of mine has a T-shirt with the cover of the Haynes manual for an AT-AT on it. Must ask if he has the manual or just the T-shirt...

Matt J

Do they have one for wives.....
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Ace of Spades

Quote from: Matt J on 06 October 2017, 03:01:23 PM
Probably; but it has the size of a 24 volume encyclopaedia! ;)

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Scorpio_Rocks

Quote from: Matt J on 06 October 2017, 03:01:23 PM
This is volume 1:
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

Techno

;D ;D ;D

Said he typing, while making sure that no-one was looking over his shoulder.

Cheers - Phil.

Orcs

Owners workshop manuals  they never wrote for some unknown reason :) and the possible reason

The Wife - impossible to get right at any time as the correct maintenance will be wrong at that particular moment in time.

The Husband - No maintenance needed as he already believes he is correctly maintained, and no book is going to tell him otherwise

The Teenage boy - No researcher could stand being in their room for long enough to research them even with a gas mask.

The Teenage Girl - Researchers notes so covered with Make up,  lipstick and tears it was impossible to read

The Mistress - If you have one of these you should already know what to do. If not you are in for so much Sh*t no book will help

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Big Insect

I  always thought there was just one simple little button that kept wives happy ... including other peoples  :o

OK, ok, ok ... I'll get my coat

mutter mutter mutter loweringthetoneoftheforum again mutter  :'(
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Last Hussar

Its the button that says "confirm payment"
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Raider4

Quote from: Orcs on 04 February 2020, 05:56:30 PM
Owners workshop manuals  they never wrote for some unknown reason :) and the possible reason

The Wife - impossible to get right at any time as the correct maintenance will be wrong at that particular moment in time.

The Husband - No maintenance needed as he already believes he is correctly maintained, and no book is going to tell him otherwise

The Teenage boy - No researcher could stand being in their room for long enough to research them even with a gas mask.

The Teenage Girl - Researchers notes so covered with Make up,  lipstick and tears it was impossible to read

The Mistress - If you have one of these you should already know what to do. If not you are in for so much Sh*t no book will help

There are a whole range of Ladybird "How It Works" books.

Techno

Spoof ladybird books exist, too ! ;D

Try this one....it's only about 5 minutes long

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgp1T2JDReQ

Cheers - Phil

flamingpig0

Quote from: ianrs54 on 05 October 2017, 03:31:34 PM
There are quite a few, including The Millennium Falcon among others. From what I've read the Cent one will induce nightmares. It was/is a superb MBT, but a fitters pain, not designed ergonomically when it came to servicing.

So standard British tank design perhaps?
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James